Aspera HT25 motor needs to run!

I have a 1968 Fantic Broncco Tx-3 with the Aspera motor. The motor turns easily and I think nothing is really wrong with it other than it has sat for nearly 20 years. I've cleaned it up, strip off the paint, installed a kit in the carb and also installed new coil, etc. I really need to find someone who can work on these little motors as I am just not confident enough to do it and then break it. So I'm looking for someone who could take the motor, get it running and ship it back to me. Anyone out there interested?

I collect Broncco's and in my honest opinion it's probably not worth shipping it to someone. You'd be better off finding a local person, maybe check craigslist or something. Just shipping it will be $40-$50 each way...then fixing it etc...They are very simple engines...so if you have good spark, the carb is clean and it 'feels' like good compression then it should start up. Maybe try putting some starting fluid on the spark plug, or even dipping the spark plug in a little bit of gas. But generally they are simple engines.

Please post some pics of your TX-3, I'd love to see it. If you're ever interested in selling it, let me know...Here's a picture of one that I have...

023.JPG

Sprocket86

Great mini bike and looks awesome!

I had a really hacked up 1969 Broncco TX-6 and after I found out what the original engine was, I have always wondered what it would have performed like.

I will never forget when I seen a new in the box green TX-6, never been started for sale on ebay about 10 years ago. I think it sold for 3k at the time.

Great mini bike and looks awesome!

I had a really hacked up 1969 Broncco TX-6 and after I found out what the original engine was, I have always wondered what it would have performed like.

I will never forget when I seen a new in the box green TX-6, never been started for sale on ebay about 10 years ago. I think it sold for 3k at the time.
I think some guy in CA owns that TX-6 you're referring to. I've tried to buy it from him...but no dice. Sure is a rare piece. Wish I had those Ebay pics...

Sprocket86

Really?? And I had a strong feeling that you would know about the whereabouts of such a machine. I can remember the pics quite well.

The box was slighty water damaged but still together and I remember the seller describing that it was found in an attic and never had fuel in the tank.

It simply amazes me that things like this can and still exist. If you did own that machine, would you fuel it up and ride it around like it was 1969 or just leave it as is?

lol...If I had that bike, I'd sleep next to it...!! lol. Seriously though, I'd never touch it...leave it in it's perfect unmolested glory. Maybe someday it'll happen...but it's a long shot!