Azusa tires

nightgrider

Measuring your frame is the best way to tell how wide you can go. On the rear you need to account for the rear sprocket alignment to your clutch. The azusa 10" wheels with a 4.00x10 tire should fit nicely. Essentially the same tire size as a CT70, I believe they are about 17" in diameter.

nightgrider

Here's a picture of an Azusa frame kit with 10 wheels and 3.50x10 tires, as a reference on https://gokartsusa.com/mini-bike-kit-10-inch-wheels-2.aspx. I'm running a similar set up on my fox mini bike but I've got the chrome wheels and knobby tires instead of the street tread. Go kart USA says the tires are 17.5" in diameter, but I thought I remember measuring my 3.50x10 knobbies at 16.75". Maybe the tires they include have a slightly different diameter, but they look very similar. Here's also a comparison of the 3.50x10 vs the 4.00x10 on a CT70, as a reference.

1665427929058.png

Attachments

Last edited:
Here's a picture of an Azusa frame kit with 10 wheels and 3.50x10 tires, as a reference on https://gokartsusa.com/mini-bike-kit-10-inch-wheels-2.aspx. I'm running a similar set up on my fox mini bike but I've got the chrome wheels and knobby tires instead of the street tread. Go kart USA says the tires are 17.5" in diameter, but I thought I remember measuring my 3.50x10 knobbies at 16.75". Maybe the tires they include have a slightly different diameter, but they look very similar. Here's also a comparison of the 3.50x10 vs the 4.00x10 on a CT70, as a reference.
The only downside to those wheels is how heavy they are. I had one for awhile on the front of a bike and swapped it for a 10" aluminum DWT wheel. The DWT wheels run true and are much lighter.

If OP is local to me (SF Bay Area) and wants to use those wheel I have one that I'd sell for pretty cheap. It's a black one that's ready to go with 5/8" bearings installed.

View attachment 295248
Very nice bike, I’m going to go with the 10 inch wheels 17 inch tires I was worried it would be to close to the engine but if it does not fit I can always return them.

The only downside to those wheels is how heavy they are. I had one for awhile on the front of a bike and swapped it for a 10" aluminum DWT wheel. The DWT wheels run true and are much lighter.

If OP is local to me (SF Bay Area) and wants to use those wheel I have one that I'd sell for pretty cheap. It's a black one that's ready to go with 5/8" bearings installed.
Yea if I was near I would ask how much but Wisconsin is a long ways away lol.

nightgrider

Very nice bike, I’m going to go with the 10 inch wheels 17 inch tires I was worried it would be to close to the engine but if it does not fit I can always return them.
Thanks, you'll like the 10 wheels. They'll give you good ground clearance and the bike will feel more stable at higher speeds. They should clear the engine on the rear. You can always measure out from the center of the axle hanger to get an idea of clearance for the rear.

Just gonna throw a word of caution here.... I'm not sure what you plan to do with this bike, but these wheels are notorious for there inconsistent run out and wobble. You can try clocking them different ways to reduce it, but when I worked in minibike sales I don't think I sold one good set.

Just gonna throw a word of caution here.... I'm not sure what you plan to do with this bike, but these wheels are notorious for there inconsistent run out and wobble. You can try clocking them different ways to reduce it, but when I worked in minibike sales I don't think I sold one good set.
yea the mini only gets taken out 1-2 times a month at 25-30 mph Cruise so if it wobbles that bad i have a lot of time to try and balance them.

Also yesterday i broke my mini bike "stand" (A Styrofoam box :rolleyes:) what do you guys use other than a kick stand to hold the bike up, Forgot to get the kick stand welded on before the paint o_O.

Sorry to bother again but do they make billet fly wheels with magnets for charging coils cause ive just about searched every website on google and none of them have the inside magnets.

Last edited:

nightgrider

Sorry to bother again but do they make billet fly wheels with magnets for charging coils cause ive just about searched every website on google and none of them have the inside magnets.
I don't believe so specifically for the Predator, but some other clones come with charging flywheels.

ok ill just run a higher gear ratio to compensate for rpm.
I'd ditch the idea of having a charging coil setup and just run a battery with an LED light. You'll most likely have better light output, but will have to find a place to mount the battery and charge it when needed. From what I've seen on here and Reddit, most people are happy with the setups they do like that and say they're better than the stock light.