B&S Carb re-location...

I have a B&S 130202 3166-01 5 hp That has a bad fuel tank. Although I have a smaller 2 hp that has a good tank and carb. My question is will the bigger 5hp motor run ok with the smaller carb and tank without causing any damage...?

Any help would be GR8TLY appreciated....:shrug:

They quit using the vacujet because they tend to run leaner as the gas tank level gets lower. Not a good design. There should be tons of pulsajets out there you could use or, even better, switch it to a flojet and remote tank.

I just posted some pics of flojets on a 'briggs flathead carb' thread. The pulsa jet looks like your vacujet, both are mounted on top of the fuel tank. The pulsajet has a built in fuel pump diaphram and a small reservoir right under the carb so it isn't pulling gas from the bottom of the tank. The pump keeps the reservoir filled which prevents the 'lean' condition from happening when the tank gets low. The pulsa jet only has one adjustment screw. You can set it so you have good power, but it won't idle good. Or you can set it to idle good but it won't have good power. The flojet is more adjustable with both idle and high speed adjustments. The flojet is a float type carb and uses a remote tank which is mounted to the front of the engine or the frame of the bike.

I bought some NOS flojets on Ebay (3) and have gotten two running just not on a mini yet. They are easy as heck to tune and have great response. I have one on a 5hp and one on a 3hp, I just dialed it down and it runs fine. I have a Tillotson on an E.C. intake that I'll need a pump for but it sits for now. Built for a stock 5hp briggs and I'm in it right so I'll run it soon!:thumbsup: Honestly a flojet and remote tank is the ticket.:thumbsup:

For fuel pumps on the 5hp, I use the mikuni pulse driven pump. They are cheap and parts are available to replace diaphram. I remove the governor shaft and drill/tap hole to fit a hose barb. I use the barb to power the pump.