Baja Dirt bug project

i was out riding with my go kart with some kids today and everyone wanted to buy the go kart but they didnt have money. my friend had a baja dirt bug that was beat up and $20. i took it.

its a fair trade because the go kart had a bent axle (told him) and the motor was having some problems with airflow (need a new filter)

i want to throw one of my clones onto it and get a new rear tire. maybe a torque converter, i have a complete TAV2 copy minus the driver and belt... i have a 1" driver. maybe someone will trade for a 3/4".

EDIT: like these tires

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/TV0...1258&zmam=95452747&zmas=1&zmac=1&zmap=TV01258

Last edited:
anyone there? :crying:

update for nobody,

i decided not to paint the frame, the frame is yellow, everything else black. and instead of having to spend money on tires, i took some off a tractor. they are 15"

itll get done soon. i have to scrape up some cash to get a adapter plate and torque converter driver.

Last edited:
haha wow if anyone cares, its done

mods-
riding mower tires
PMR motor mount
Baja warrior engine, rebuilt w/ greyhound parts, slightly "milled" head.. i sanded it!, Moroso race wire (from my F-150), GX200 gas tank, old tecumseh muffler

buckeye

You gettin good blue. Nice job. How's that bad boy run?
Just curious. You said lawnmower tires? They safe for the speeds you will be obtaining?

You gettin good blue. Nice job. How's that bad boy run?
Just curious. You said lawnmower tires? They safe for the speeds you will be obtaining?
thanks man! i havent been able to take it anywhere yet. my truck's frame rotted out and as soon as i weld that up and back together ill drive to my friend's and go riding there.

i rode it in my driveway, in this video i didnt even have the throttle hooked up yet and it had a straight pipe. the tire must have not been inflated enough, because the rim got spun inside the tire and it destroyed the inner tube.

i had a tubeless murray mower front tire, so i put that on, and havent had problems yet.

hopefully that post isnt too confusing, im tired

Last edited:
What type of tires are you running? that is exactly the type i want to run on mine!!!

haha wow if anyone cares, its done

mods-
riding mower tires
PMR motor mount
Baja warrior engine, rebuilt w/ greyhound parts, slightly "milled" head.. i sanded it!, Moroso race wire (from my F-150), GX200 gas tank, old tecumseh muffler

they are very old carlisle turf savers. ill have to check the size but i think S1att3r is right.

i am not running those tires anymore. maybe it didnt have enough pressure or its made for a wider rim, but the rim spun inside the tire and ripped the inner tube.

i pulled the front tires off a Murray riding mower and they fit perfect

i went to a dirt/gravel road to give it a real test for the first time. it has serious balls! its stupid fast and i hit a small bump and got air and i thought i was going to eat shit but somehow i made it. the bike really moves quick!

right after getting home a cop drove by. why is it everyone calls the cops every time i ride?

i need to get a video up soon

Last edited: