Baja Doodle Bug Mini bike for $175 in Northbrook, IL

Buy it if you want , they a dime a dozen , affair price though for one in really great shape , if you are 6' tall it's a little small the old style DB makes a better rider !

They are small and although it runs you will find it grossly underpowered and that the engine has a short life span. The 97cc Predator from Harbor Freight will bolt right on once you remove the standard adapter plate or if you are a larger person a 212cc with an installation kit is the way to go. $175 is not a terribly high price and you can get a portion of that back by selling the engine on Ebay. I have ridden the new style DB and it's a bit too small for me @ 6' and 215# but the original DBs are plenty roomy and allow me the stretch out a little. I am certainly not trying to discourage you from buying it, I pay up to $150 for them and then start modifying them to suit me or one of my kids. We have two still and will keep them likely forever, I ride a briggs 3.5hp powered one and my 10yo Daughter rides a 3hp briggs powered one. I plan to re-install a 6.5hp engine in the one I ride but I will be it's only rider, I swapped the briggs in it because everyone from kids to adults wrecked it because they failed to respect the abundance of power it made. I installed a 6.5 Predator into a buddy's Son's new style DB and it is a handful but the kid is an experienced rider and nearly 6 foot tall so he has kept the shiny side up so far.

This one is my son's we just finished , he is 6' 235lbs , We bent the bars up a bit to give a little more knee clearance , he likes it and it screams 0-35mph or so instantly , intake , header and .039 jet thats it !