baja heat engine replacemanet questions

Hi im new to mini bikes and such so if I ask a dumb question im sorry anyway I happened to get a baja heat minibike and of coarse the engine dies :crying: it was a baja JF200 6.5hp. Well i need a new engine and i dont want to buy another engine that will go up in smoke. i have heard that Lifan engines are good is the lifan 6.5hp a good one? will it fit my mini bike? is there a better, cheaper engine that will work? if so please let me know. Thanks :scooter:

joekd

The motor itself is the same (common 6.5 clone) only thing that may be different is the fuel tank. The position of the cap may make it hard to fill the tank. Also the OEM baja motor has a lighting coil while the aftermarket one wont.

Hi thanks for replying um this is probably another one of my stupid questions but What is a Clone? i know for humans it is like an exact copy is it the same for engines?
p.s. i broke the light anyway so i don't really care about the light :biggrin: so it should go on.
Thanks

joekd

The Lifan 6.5HP motor is a copy of the honda GX200 (parts are interchangable) hence the name "clone"

Lifan, Jiadong and Greyhound are the most common names of the 6.5HP motors you will find pretty cheap. As mentio0ned Harbor Frieght has really good deals on the blue 6.5 greyhounds so you can find them under $100

hi again i have researched and found that the greyhound 6.5 clone only had a 90 day warranty :eek:ut: .... i have also looked for warranty info on the baja 6.5 and lifan 6.5 and failed to find much warranty information on them. Would someone please help me find the warranties on these engines? Thanks
Signed PutPut :scooter:

joekd

90 days is about as good as you will find (even the warrior itself was only covered for 90 days from the factory)

If it doesnt blow up in the first week it is usually fine anyway

Hi again i got another question of the three engines: The baja 6.5,Lifan 6,5,and the grayhound 6.5. witch one preforms better/lasts longer?
Thanks all
PutPut :scooter:

you could buy a 2 year warranty from harbor freight for the grey hound motor it is fairly cheap and is a no questions asked warranty if it breaks you take it back to harbor freight and they give you a brand new one

you could buy a 2 year warranty from harbor freight for the grey hound motor it is fairly cheap and is a no questions asked warranty if it breaks you take it back to harbor freight and they give you a brand new one
That's what I do! The 2yr warranty is great, I have returned two engines under warranty and had no problems!:thumbsup: