Baja warrior front disc brake?

joekd

Take apart the drum, lightly sand it, degrease completely, sand or even better replace pads with a set of new ones (I used the honda style pads on mine) and squeak should be gone

I guess I was wondering more about the aftermarket hub/disc set up rather than front drum brake.

I'm looking to do a hydraulic disc on my rear warrior wheel.

I guess I was wondering more about the aftermarket hub/disc set up rather than front drum brake.

I'm looking to do a hydraulic disc on my rear warrior wheel.
Post 12 in this thread explains how to make the squeak go away.
You should use the search tools and research the brake mods for this bike because there is already a lot of information.
More than most people will retype.

Putting a disk on the back and drum on the front is not a good idea.
The rear already has enough stopping power the disk will just lock up the wheel without improving stopping distance.

The front end of the bike is not strong enough to handle more stress as already stated.

Stick with what works.

Let me explain further:

I'm building a custom bike, using the Warrior rear hub for a rear wheel, lets just consider that this is the only remaining part from a baja warrior. I can't seem to get enough throw on the lever of the drum brake with the way I have things set up to activate the brake properly, hence I'm looking to get hydraulic disc brakes to work on the rear.

I've done plenty of searching, this is the only thread where someone has put an aftermarket hub on the rear wheel to bolt on a rotor. I'm interested if that works well before I buy the parts and try myself.

Let me explain further:

I'm building a custom bike, using the Warrior rear hub for a rear wheel, lets just consider that this is the only remaining part from a baja warrior. I can't seem to get enough throw on the lever of the drum brake with the way I have things set up to activate the brake properly, hence I'm looking to get hydraulic disc brakes to work on the rear.

I've done plenty of searching, this is the only thread where someone has put an aftermarket hub on the rear wheel to bolt on a rotor. I'm interested if that works well before I buy the parts and try myself.
Let me explain further still:

How much more modified a rear MB165 drum brake can you conceive of?

Can you post a picture?
Maybe I can solve your problem.

Its your money chum but putting disk brakes on this thing at all is like dressing up a pig in lipstick and heals.
Maybe you think it looks better but your still porking a pig....

Thought I'd just chime in but the front drum brake on my black 165 is still working great after nearly 3 years of hard use. Had to replace pads once and didn't notice any excessive wear inside the drum . No damage to the front end and no end to the joy that comes from using the front brake in conjunction with the gas to make a nice sharp turn in the mud. I've gotten really good at it actually.