Baja Warrior

joekd

Chains I use a MX prestretched one on my warrior, seat I recovered my OEM seat with outdoor fabric, tires depend on what you ride in, I do mostly dirt and muddy trails so I went with a very aggressive rear tire, lot here have done on road treads

Comet TAV II best bang for the buck!
X2!
was clocked at 55 yesterday on mine with Comet. but i do also have the GX390.
running these tires, front and back:
SLGK-150H TIRE 21X7-8
check your motor plate for cracks. mine had been run easy by the looks of it but the plate was cracked in several places.
replace the wheel bearings.
remove the neck bearings, take 'em to a bicycle/lawnmower/motorcycle shop, match them and replace after packing with grease.

Last edited:

joekd

anything else like motor wise?
I pulled the OEM motor off, sold it then installed a NR racing motor on mine at the same time I installed a TAV

If adding power I also recommend the front brake mod because it is VERY easy to reach speeds where the rear brake alone is all but useless

joekd

The rear is effective but tends to lock up very easily, once I had the front brake done I "retrained" myself so I now apply both brakes at once which works world's better

joekd

So you already have the font and rear brakes? Are they adjusted correctly

Also I said world's better, never said stop on a dime, you are stopping a heavy lunk of a bike and it will never brake like a MX bike or something else made to toss around.

With a front brake when you get hard on the binders your weight transfers to the front wheel.
So its potential to get more traction and stop you is higher than the rear that now has less weight on it.

With both a front and back brake its safe to say you have at least double the stopping power and can cut you braking distance in more than half.

Where you really feel this is coming down a hill.
A front brake there will give you much more control.

joekd

Because you are applying braking force to the front and rear wheels at the same time, this way in a panic stop when the rear tire is just locking up you are still slowing down