barn find today

found this '73 Mud Bug and gave it a quick wash.only thing I can find missing is the foot throttle assy.anyone have one or a pict. of one or would it be better to do a handle bar set-up.thanks

got it for $350 and the tires hold air and the motor turns over.don't know yet if it has spark be will know soon.it just looked too clean to pass up.no scratches or cracks in the glass a nd the seat pad looks great.:smile:

WOW that's cool . great find ..

we were just talking about tri sports and the like ..

can you imagine how many injuries were caused by peoples feet slipping off the fork mounted foot pegs and drug the rider under rear tires on them types of buggys ..

I no for a fact it happened atleast once ... well to me anyways .. lol

now theres some memories...i had a Rupp like that few years back..
we stuck a few motors on it till i finally stripped the axles doing Rockford files on the grass at like 35 mph....doh..
i used to come across the front lawn,whip it around floor the gas and start sliding backwards for a good 10-15 feet n throwing turf everywheres...awesome memories..people freaking out as they drove by..lmao

be Careful turning at speed,it will flip and roll on you and thats one Heavy Joker right there.
yes Mr Twister,that happened to me a few times as well.
if you are on smooth n level Grass<<,try the 180s but dont do it for long ;)
super snag on a super rare trike,have Fun with it

forgot to mention,we tried throttle grip,and a foot pedal as well off an Arco 6 wheeler,still have it! but settled on using a brake lever as the gas lever instead.
just easier to use and less strain on the wrist,esp with the weight of that trike.

Last edited:
I like brake levers for throttles also ..seems that when you clamp it down and all the brute g forces from the old 5hp briggs pulls you back all you can do is hold it wide open from all the force .. lol hehehe

im right down the road in hornell ..

got her running today!!!:smile:about $12 in parts and the carb on and off about 6 times and the motor runs like a top!!!!still need to go through the rear end and get the brakes working and then it's what to do with the throttle.