Barris super stocker-ish...

Steve73

This adventure started while browsing on offer up and found myself picking up of what was left of a barris super stocker. Somebody had replaced the front end with one from a motorcycle. Ugh..

HOPEFULLY I Can Get This Running soon.. 20170507_153947.jpg 20170512_181859.jpg 20170512_174653.jpg

Steve you might check with [MENTION=48960]JohnnyTillotson[/MENTION] on here he might have a good set of forks for sale.

Last edited:

Steve73

Thanks ond!

I think I can give this thing a little life...

Good looking out. I will check that out and see!

Last edited:
Steve here is a pic of the way the neck area should look . Do you think the fork neck is original ? Or added when the different forks were added ?

Steve73

Neck area is replaced with one from motorcycle. I'm still trying to figure out what motorcycle it's from? But yeah it's been totally replaced..

Just like those on that pic of the red baron in the ad. Painted blue though. And someone either made where the throttle goes smaller or it came that way. I've seen two like that so its possible. Yes I will sell.

Steve and myself are trying to make up some forks and bars for this Barris SS this is what we've came up with so far. Any advice and help on the lowers would be appreciated. This is what we have so far and these are just tacked together for now . Any help would be great!

This is a pic of some originals that I borrowed from the gallery.

Last edited:
Here is a pic I borrowed from Markus , you can look at the lower fork tubes and I noticed the slot at the top of the lowers. My thinking is the slot is for lower fork travel and also keeps the lowers captive in the uppers.....but don't know this for sure.

markus

Here is a pic I borrowed from Markus , you can look at the lower fork tubes and I noticed the slot at the top of the lowers. My thinking is the slot is for lower fork travel and also keeps the lowers captive in the uppers.....but don't know this for sure.

yes that is correct, I replied to you PM's :shrug:

Got'em Markus...and Thanks !

As Markus explained to me and I see it now in this pic is that the lowers have the springs inside them and the slot on these lowers actually show the springs when blown up . The slot is for up and down travel and also holds the lowers captive in the uppers.

Last edited:
Also I found this pic in the gallery on a Stellar suspension front fork set up and its totally different with springs on top and thinner tubes in the middle with pressed on larger tubes at the bottom.

Last edited:

markus

Also may want to message member hotrodricky, years ago he was building a stellar frame IIRC and may have some insight or help on the frame repairs that thing is also going to need, hes up in PNW.....he's also one hell of a fabricator!!!!

Steve73

Those are some nice looking forks! I really really really appreciate this online community and the help in restoring this almost lost jem! Updated pics coming soon!