Been catching up on my R/C Aircraft projects & flying ,, this season.

I74

Pic yesterday morn. when doing Hi starts.

This is a vintage 28+ year old MM Glider Tec Illusion 1.52 meter competition thermal / slope ship.

These little ''top shelf '' thermal competition kits came out of SO Cal. years ago.

It flies awesome,, off of a Hi start or Slope.

I
100_7173 (2).JPG

I74

That has got to be a Hoot to fly them! Tkx for sharing! :cool:

Yea,, it is. :)

Can make you a bit nervous once in a while though,, with traffic, plus getting them to far away & a bit disoriented,, even with all the years flying.
My eyes & age don't help @ all either,, but I keep ''keep'n on''. :cool:

Major thing I can't stand is,, people who walk up next to you , & start ''gabbing'' while flying,, & ''I think'' purposely do it to try & distract you,, hoping you will crash. :rolleyes:

I should have some ''killer'' pics this fall with the ''serious'' Slope ships. ;)

I

Last edited:
Yea,, it is. :)

Can make you a bit nervous once in a while though,, with traffic, plus getting them to far away & a bit disoriented,, even with all the years flying.
My eyes & age don't help @ all either,, but I keep ''keep'n on''. :cool:

Major thing I can't stand is,, people who walk up next to you , & start ''gabbing'' while flying,, & ''I think'' purposely do it to try & distract you,, hoping you will crash. :rolleyes:

I should have some ''killer'' pics this fall with the ''serious'' Slope ships. ;)

I
You gotta lot of blood, sweat and tears in these things not to mention the "Fun Coupons" invested in them! I'm gonna shy away from them, I already have Enuff bad habits! lol ;)

People have no clue and if Common Sense was truly Common, then why do so many people lack it? :confused:

Look forward to the pics Ian! Have a good wknd Sir.

Mark

I74

Thanks Mark ! :)

Common sense is truly not so common anymore,, especially in this present day & age . :(

Am really think'n ''a lot'' of people are not wired right these days ….. :eek:

Have a good weekend also,, & to everyone else here. ;)

I

I74

Great photos. Looks like so much fun. I remember my brother making one of those planes about 50 years ago. I still think he has it.
Hi Karen,, & thanks !! :)

It's a frigg'n hoot when the conditions are favorable.

Slope soaring here in Iowa, is generally a real challenge,, as we don't have the smooth wind off the ocean ect. like they do ''say'' out in Cal.

Have never Slope soared out there ''yet'',, but is ''definitely'' on my bucket list.;)

I tell my Slope flying Buddies, that we would probably look like ''real good'' Pilots out there,, due to the fact that we have to fly the crap out of them here in comparison,, because of the general turbulent conditions in these parts.

Most of the Sailplanes in the pics,, are pushing 30+ years. :cool:

Best,

Ian

I74

Thought I would share this crazy pic.

Was looking outside @ the sunset the other early eve. & caught this ...

Did a double take @ this cloud formation,, & thought ,, ''Holy $#it'',, that looks like an ''F4 Phantom'' !!

Hurried & grabbed the camera & took the pic.

If I would of got it say like 30 sec. or so earlier,, it would of looked even better,, & more defined.

100_7219.JPG

Hi Karen ! :)
Long time since I last talked to you ....

Yea ,, they are a real hoot,, but more challenging in recent years,, due to having eye problems & age ect..
Gott'a try & keep em closer. ;)

I
Hey @I74 i know this is not the right place to post, but it won’t let me private message you. I’m really curious to talk with you about your mm250 electric mini bike build, all the controllers I use are shit and I was just curious which one you used.

LIVIT

I been into the RC stuff since the 60's. Was really into war planes prop and jet. I got heavily into the electrics. I had some electric boats that did over 100 mph, I actually set some speed records with boats. Got older and my depth perception was getting bad, so I stopped flying the big fast stuff. I just do some backyard flying now with small electrics. Did heli's too, but they get real expensive fast.

I74

I been into the RC stuff since the 60's. Was really into war planes prop and jet. I got heavily into the electrics. I had some electric boats that did over 100 mph, I actually set some speed records with boats. Got older and my depth perception was getting bad, so I stopped flying the big fast stuff. I just do some backyard flying now with small electrics. Did heli's too, but they get real expensive fast.
''Cool'' !! :cool:

Ya,, I raced boats for years, Nitro, Gas,, & Electric.

First pic is of a highly modified .21 Rigger I re designed for a .32.
That ran around 72mph, on ''only'' 20% Nitro. ;)

2nd pic is of a ''rare'' - MRP 1992 Miss Budweiser, that I was blessed a couple of years ago in finding.:)

Had 2 of these back in the early 90's,, & always kicked my self for selling them,, & always wanted another, to set up with Brushless & lipo's.
Got a 2220kv Inrunner for it , & 60a ESC.
Will be running it with 2 - 3s, 3300 lipo packs in parallel, swinging a ''GR-3655'' prop.
Motor & ESC,, are both cooled separate, with using a duel water P/U rudder,, that I modified.
Also made the break away turn fin for it.
Had graphics made for it also,, to eventually fill in the missing ones.

It's probably going to get finished next winter now,, as I have some plane projects yet to finish this winter.

I

rigger 2 005.JPG
100_6748.JPG 100_6739.JPG

Last edited:

I74

Hey @I74 i know this is not the right place to post, but it won’t let me private message you. I’m really curious to talk with you about your mm250 electric mini bike build, all the controllers I use are shit and I was just curious which one you used.
Hi Nathan ! ;)

The MM electric I built, is a MM -1000

There is @ least 1 thread about my Electric ''Mini'' builds.

Just go into ''my'' - ''I74'' content,, & scroll down away's,, you'll find em. ;)

I

LIVIT

That's very cool. I had one of those Miss Buds that I converted too electric. That's fast for a rigger, I had a couple I tried too get fast with brushless setups, but having limited space it was hard to get more than a 4S in them, the ones I had were smaller. I had one that had an electric outboard, can't remember the name of it, but it was fast and could do boat wheelies. I had a lot of boats, a few v hulls, but mostly cats. I was trying to get into the 100mph plus without the boat going airborne. I really got into the all Carbon Fiber hulls, or thin fiberglass hulls that I would line inside with Carbon Fiber. I've got pics and vids on some SD cards, will have to see if I can find them.