Benelli Volcano!

If i was you I freshen that engine up with a new piston/ring and a gasket kit. Also check the crank seals for cracks or if there getting brittle there 40+ years old all already. You will seize up the engine if the crank seals are letting air into the crankcase.
The bike only has 376 miles on it, the piston and inside of the motor are very clean and all the gaskets are good too! I dont wanna do anything to it unless it really needs it. I will post pics of the engine it cleaned up beautifull!

Volcano Piston and Ring set

Does anyone know of a source for a new Volcano piston and ring set. Standard was M236/C as in "complete." Oversizes added 2C 4C and 6C to the M236/ part number.

Have been watching eBay but none have shown up.

Indian Rider

Wichita, KS

So i have been working on the bike today, i really wanna ride this bitch! I started putting it all back together after some cleaning and paint. I think it looks pretty good but i might have to start saving up for some chrome eventually?

na looks sweet:thumbsup: just steel wool it the shiniest you can and call it good. A 40 year old bike deserves to look its age. Besides its just gonna get covered in mud anyway haha

Chrome the muffler

To chrome plate my muffler I had to convince the plater I could deliver it clean and not ruin his tank of solution. The baffles are removable, with a fair degree of difficulty. Then I media blasted the interior bore to his satisfaction. It's at the plater at present, with the rest of the stuff needing chrome. If you want the steps I took to remove the baffles email me at indnrdr@yahoo.com.

Hi all Just purchased a Volcano here in Australia, no idea how it got here, needs full restoration but is complete except for cush drive rubbers and tool box. Will post some pictures when I figure out how.

WOW. nice find, and in australia? It looks rough but is worth a forune in parts. I would part it out if you cant get it going. I know a guy who would pay good for the lugage rack.