Bent forks and bars Muskin Cat Eliminator

I'm looking for some advice on straightening bent Cat forks and handlebars. Anyone tackle this before, and if so what worked for you?

markus

If you use a press, something handy to help prevent any dings is to cut some tubing that slightly larger ID than the forks OD, These are totally Ghetto looking, I just sliced up real quick of a Honda CR80 frame that was getting scrapped. I used the one with the welded section on it against the press rod and the others supporting the bottom of the tubes when possible.....and this is an idea I got from researching on this site :thumbsup:

I only have a dinky 6 ton press, its more than enough to do the job, but it way harder to work with becuase its so small. Only thing I miss about my job was the big shop press.......and the paycheck :laugh:

If you use a press, something handy to help prevent any dings is to cut some tubing that slightly larger ID than the forks OD, These are totally Ghetto looking, I just sliced up real quick of a Honda CR80 frame that was getting scrapped. I used the one with the welded section on it against the press rod and the others supporting the bottom of the tubes when possible.....and this is an idea I got from researching on this site :thumbsup:

I only have a dinky 6 ton press, its more than enough to do the job, but it way harder to work with becuase its so small. Only thing I miss about my job was the big shop press.......and the paycheck :laugh:
This may be the best solution for telescopic forks!