Bent front fork

We recently bought a colman ct200 and have been having great fun with it. Unfortunately we let an inexperienced rider give it a try and they promptly ran it into a large bolder in the yard. Fortunately they were not hurt (only doing 5 MPH) but the front fork is now bent back several inches. It may be possible to straighten it, but it also got me wondering if I could replace it with a suspension fork perhaps from a Baja?

Any advise is welcome!

Used a shovel handle to straighten mine. Took off tire and stuck the handle between forks.
We recently bought a colman ct200 and have been having great fun with it. Unfortunately we let an inexperienced rider give it a try and they promptly ran it into a large bolder in the yard. Fortunately they were not hurt (only doing 5 MPH) but the front fork is now bent back several inches. It may be possible to straighten it, but it also got me wondering if I could replace it with a suspension fork perhaps from a Baja?

Any advise is welcome!

IJG

Bent Front Ends

My DoodleBug has a 3mm bend in the handle bars to the fork on one side,
It makes me nuts knowing I'm riding a crooked bike :freakout:
Anyone care to help me straighten them out with their bench vice, & Large monkey wrenches?

IJG

5 stars for Human Ingenuity !

Glad your getting your's accomplished:thumbsup:
I may try something when & if I can upgrade.:shrug:
The original doodlebug motor on it now has had it.
I seem to be leaking much oil. Very Depressing.:confused:
So my next minibike parts purchase will need to be a
Mount plate,clutch,and chain.
I hope i don't need a new rear sprocket with the upgrade.:doah: