Bigger tires on Doodlebug?? Please help!

I recently put a new Harbor Freight 6.5 engine on my Baja Doodlebug and it is amazing!! Problem? I live on a dirt road and the rear wheel bogs down into the sand. I was wondering if it would be possible to put new and bigger tires on the bike instead of the regular 145/70-6 tires that are on there now? There's only about 2 inches of free area from where the tire touches the ground and where the chain is. Anyone else having this problem? Please help!

Koooool! That answers that question. I was wonder about the same thing. These stock DB tries seem to be worthless.
Thanks!
Bullhead!

Yeah I'm definitely going out and buying new 15x6.00x6 tires. I am excited to replace the old ones and get rid of the problem I have of bogging in the sand every time I ride it. I honestly haven't ridden in about a month because I could not find a solution. When I put the new engine on it, it added like 10 pounds to it adding to my 160 pounds and that just made the tires even worse! D: but this is a total solution to these cheap tires that came with it. I'll probably use the old ones for a go kart project I'm starting :D Thanks for the help!!

lol, I'm 230 or so and the doodle+jackshaft make up for a lot. Try this thread for a bunch of tire suggestions plus how to get around the caliper clearance (grinder):
DB30 Tire thread

The old ones when smooth can hold a pavement corner pretty good. :D

Anyone use Carlisle Snow Hogs? I'm looking at the thread Vintabilly NS gave and there's a bunch about Snow Hogs... And I searched it but I cannot seem to find 15/600-6 tires. I only find 15/500-6. :confused:

Ya my last post shows em on my bike. The 15-5-6 makes you not have to worry about caliper clearence some experience. and the deep tread make it almost impossible for me to get stuck:thumbsup: ALtho the road does eat em up a bit.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the size that fits a DB 30. If you ride primarily off the blacktop there are none better, in my opinion. Of course my opinion doesn't carry a lot of weight in most circles, but Snow Hogs have been a great improvement in grip , especially on wet grass or weeds. Can't go wrong with Snow Hogs.

Anyone use Carlisle Snow Hogs? I'm looking at the thread Vintabilly NS gave and there's a bunch about Snow Hogs... And I searched it but I cannot seem to find 15/600-6 tires. I only find 15/500-6. :confused:
In the referenced thread cudaman said this: "This is why I went with the 15-5-6...slightly narrower, but plenty of clearance even with a larger aftermarket hyd caliper."

So you're good to go.

Amazing :D I'm sort of not as well learned with tires as I am with small engines and engine repair. Give me an engine with a problem and I can fix it no problem, but start naming off tire sizes and I get totally lost lol xD This is going to be probably the stupidest question ever but do the fit on the wheel the DB has or do I need to buy new wheels as well? (again, I am not very "tire inclined" lol) Also, anyone put shocks on their DB?

Amazing :D I'm sort of not as well learned with tires as I am with small engines and engine repair. Give me an engine with a problem and I can fix it no problem, but start naming off tire sizes and I get totally lost lol xD This is going to be probably the stupidest question ever but do the fit on the wheel the DB has or do I need to buy new wheels as well? (again, I am not very "tire inclined" lol) Also, anyone put shocks on their DB?
Heres some shocks for ya!! :laugh:

A couple more!! These two were from a very talented member "SHOE" R.I.P.!!
These were MT. bike shocks iI believe by a member
And these last ones you may have to get in line for!! :laugh: If they become available! :no: