: biggrin: powell frame

thank you bigrob...........and slo.......the bearing is all there......just dried out and feels rough........are they that hard to get? and yes it is welded in.....

Itype2slo

Yes. Hard to get, can you pb blaster it loose and grease it. do not remove unless you have a plan B. do your best to resuscitate it whatever wd-40 lithium or just grease make it live again:thumbsup:

slowly gathering parts for my powell.......got the bolt/wing bolts i needed......a BIG THANK YOU to Scottessy......for being so willing to help a sister out...............:thumbsup::scooter:

was hoping one of the powell brotherhood would post some pics of the dis mounting of the forks on a powell.......i have seen two different upper trees, one that is slotted at the center hole and one that is solid.......can anyone help me out?:eek:ut:

amazing what a picture can tell ya........i can see how they dismount with that triple tree, but with a solid......i wonder? Thank you for the info.....tom

Tippy
with the solid tripple tree style trees once you remove the handle bars the upper tripple tree drops down allowing the lower section of the forks to be removed frome the frames steering neck..
sorry I don't have a picture I'll try to get one next week

powell fork length

will one of the powell brethren help me out.....i need to know the length of the lower fork tubes, the tubes that the lower legs fit into? can anyone help me out?:confused::scooter:

hey tippy ,im Ron i have the twin to your bike that i got from tomas. if theres anything i can do to help you just let me know.i cant give you the fork length because mines not apart yet. we'll bring these old powells back to life :thumbsup

hey ron..........if id a known he was gonna let that one go at such a good deal i would have bought it too.....figured he wanted alot more........but one for now is good enuf for me.....i will have another on down the road......hey you dont have to take the forks apart......just measure from the top triple tree to the end of the tube(not the legs) and thats what i am looking for........ill be watching the progress on yours.....im really liking this bike...and thanks for taking the silence out of my room ...

Tippy on my E and a C set that i have from the top of the triple tree to the bottom of the tube is 13 5/8 " . From the lower tree it is 7 " hope this helps and if you need anything else just ask me .