Billet flywheel

Sorry in advance for the noob questions which im sure have already been answered somewhere in here but my google fu isnt working so great today.

So basically what i wanted was a billet flywheel that i can still use my pull starter on, and also id like the ability to adjust the timing a little bit.
Looking on smallenginecams.com it looks like i can either use this non adjustable flywheel

and then use this on it.

Or i could spend about 60 bucks more for this guy

Not really sure which direction to go, or if i can even use my pull starter on either of these:confused:, hopefully some experienced people can guide this poor noob
Thanks!
-Brian

You can use your pull starter w/the matching cup that came on your motor. And a standard one with an advanced key will work fine unless your building a higher HP motor..then I advise the fully adjustable one. Which can also be use with pull starter and matching cup. Hope this helps:thumbsup:

JamnJM

IMO on the top flywheel you can use the rope starter. But I'd like to know about the bottom as IMO those adjusting bolts would be in the way.....but?

Never mind ^^^^ answered it...

You can use your pull starter w/the matching cup that came on your motor. And a standard one with an advanced key will work fine unless your building a higher HP motor..then I advise the fully adjustable one. Which can also be use with pull starter and matching cup. Hope this helps:thumbsup:
Awesome thanks!

IMO on the top flywheel you can use the rope starter. But I'd like to know about the bottom as IMO those adjusting bolts would be in the way.....but?

Never mind ^^^^ answered it...
Just tried on the adjustable billet and the adjusting bolts are in the way... Is there an aftermarket starter cup i can get?

JamnJM

I was wondering that but since someone else sounded they knew....

Maybe try a lawn mower shop in your area for samples to try out or contact ARC directly for their input. :shrug:

I was wondering that but since someone else sounded they knew....

Maybe try a lawn mower shop in your area for samples to try out or contact ARC directly for their input. :shrug:
Bolts werent so intrusive as to make the cup useless so i dremeled out the areas where the screws hit the starter cup, worked out nice. Ill post pics later if anyones interested in seeing.

Here ya go, sorry it took so long got busy with some other stuff

Didnt do anything special just put the bolts in one by one marking off the area that i needed to cut out each time with a sharpie, nothing scientific..

It looks like the starter cup is spaced out further? Maybe its just the angle of the photo. Will the recoil bolt back on?
Yea it fits, I kinda just eyeballed it but it may stick out further. There's about an inche of play where the pawls from the starter stick out though so it doesnt have to be exactly the same length, some starters have a spacer as well if you need to move the recoil out further.

Heres a pic of the pawl

Last edited: