BLOCKZILLA,ALCOHOL,ANIMAL question

could some1 break it down to me?i was wondering what are the pros and cons of these motors.
i hear a few people talk about the blockzilla?the animal and the alcohol motors.

could some1 give me a 101.
or the pros and cons.

from price
power
and durablity

i plan on building a mini soon and want to know wich motors would suite me.

thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Animals are Briggs entry level OHV racing engine, after that is the World formula. Both I think are 206cc something in that area.

Blockzillas are Briggs racing flatheads, they come in 3 models. 2.5" - 3"+ bores. Huge aftermarket for these motors and tons of builders.

Alcohol is just a fuel that a lot of high compression high horsepower engines use. It lets you run more compression, runs cooler generally and makes more power.

From a price standard it depends on what you want to do. If your not gonna build an all out racing engine there is no point getting a blockzilla if a raptor will do what you want just fine.

Since you brought up durability, I would say a stock animal is fairly durable, but as with any race engine, at some point of modifications durability will suffer.

Power is all over. Animals can probably go from 10-20+, just like a GX200. Blockzillas from 10-30+ for just a rough idea.

It would be easier to say what you want to accomplish, for how much and then get motor recommendations.

their is an engine builder up in north Carolina that make all his parts him self he is the only person ive ever hear of building them. and they supposedly are 3000.00 but i figure they are probably more than that.

Not exactly sure what your saying briggs boy, there are a ton of animal builders. You may be thinking of something else.

unless you have alot of tools small engine specific or alot of money to pay someone world formula is a great option electric start billet rod pvl ignition and like 10 plus hp on pump gas just bolt it on and in the future can be moddded when it needs a freshen or you just want more

i was talking about a guy that i heard of making 50 hp animals.
Link to website? Name? I doubt this can be done at the moment without spending thousands in R&D. Even then it would be so custom, I would beg to differ that it is still an animal.

Last edited: