Blowby after second rebuild

I have a mild blue clone I have done a decent amount of work to. On the most recent build (this week) I file fit the rings and clocked them correctly and installed them into a honed cylinder with good crosshatch. After assembly the motor was run and allowed to reach full operation temperature. I then rode the bike under decent throttle openings to load the rings. I did not have excessive rpm or heat involved in these runs. Progressively the engine would smoke worse only under throttle application. The head and head gasket were both brand new so I believe the oil is coming from the bottom end. My thinking is that I have too much crankcase pressure and this is causing the blowby. I am curious if this sounds like a reasonable problem and if I should try to vent the crankcase. Any help is greatly appreciated.

11:1, dyno mod 2 cam, 14cc clone head. Not that I necessarily believe that is the issue I am just at a loss of ideas as to what could be causing it. It's frustrating because I love the bike and have had a blast building it but when you turn around and it looks like a two stroke I just want to par kit lol :doah::shrug:

Well..you should vent the block..but normally it will push the crank seal out before it does the train effect. Have you checked the bore size? The taper and all?

I have not checked the bore as I do not have a not have a bore gage. Prior to the new piston and rings the engine never burned a drop a oil. The motor was only run a handful of times since then.

Last edited:
cheezy1;1006591. Have you checked the bore size? The taper and all?[/QUOTE said:
^^^^^^Good Info ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I use a old piston...or the piston that you are going to use, file fit the ring and use the piston to slide it all the way down the cylinder bore.

If you don't have bore gauges....do the 3 spot method. Check end gap at the top...middle..and bottom of bore. I would bet yours may vary.

If you have a true blue engine block the side cover will not fit and the blue gas tank will not bolt to it either.

ROD BOLTS TORQUE TO 170 INCH POUNDS WITH 30 weight OIL.

Correct block on the link. But before you give up on that block..I would check it to be sure. And those rod bolts are like the car rod bolts..they are torque to yield style bolts. They slightly stretch every time you re-use them. So I wouldn't go past the 3rd time but some may say different. According to most you are suppose to check them and re-torque them after every major race event or amount of time on the motor.

Welcome..and I am sure more will chime in with ideas also...so stay tuned...lol. And keep us posted on your findings. Always interesting to find out the different issues and fixes on these motors.

you are the second person having this issue and i said it before and i will say it again !! a clone is not a honda !!! the bore is different . you can not just drop a honda piston and rings in a clone . other person had the same issue with blow by bet if you put the stock piston back it would go away . or you can buy a wiseco drop in kit suited for your motor .