Bonanza BC 1100 Project

Sorry I can't find the before pics but this is the start of my Bonanza ... First pics after I got it back from the powdercoat and chrome shop ...

80g

That is cool. My sons want the taco orange and silver also. Looks good. Good to see one that color and now I'm not sweating the orange. Are you going with a black seat?

That is cool. My sons want the taco orange and silver also. Looks good. Good to see one that color and now I'm not sweating the orange. Are you going with a black seat?
Thanks 80g .... Yes ... All black including the piping ... I was going to go with Orange piping but decided against it in case I ever want to change the color of the bike ... Check out the upcoming pics in the next few days ...

Ok ... I'm gonna move a little faster now ... It's starting to come together ... I'm lovin this color the further along I get ... The wheels are complete with new high speed bearings, new tires and tubes ... All new hardware on every nut and bolt ... I also replaced the neck bushings , new fork lowers and springs , new sprocket and brake assembly thanks to scooterboy who has continued to help me through this entire project ... Oh ... I don't want to forget about that awsome Bonanza badge ... Thanks Mark ... :thumbsup:

Last edited:

mybiz

Orange I'm going to paint my ez-rider frame a candy burnt orange metal flake it will be much darker And a wee wee bit more than $135:doah:

Orange I'm going to paint my ez-rider frame a candy burnt orange metal flake it will be much darker And a wee wee bit more than $135:doah:
That's nice mybiz ... Why don't you start your own thread in Project Logs :eek:ut: ... I'm sure with all of the many projects you have you should be able to share some pics with us to go along with all that jaw'in you do ... :smile:

Last edited:
I'm moving along today with the jackshaft assembly ... I was going to use my torq-a-verter on this project but the one I have just won't work out with the sprocket and brake assembly on the left side of the bike so I'll just use a clutch with a 2 speed set-up ... The seat is also now installed and the somewhat assembled NOS HS40 engine is just sitting in place for now ... Notice the Rupp style throttle assembly in the second pic ... I added because this was not an original PowerSport engine ... This is a really nice throttle assembly and it was easy to install ...

Ok ... The engine is mounted and the clutch is installed ... Carb and filter assembly is in place ... Tank will be next ... I'm going to change the 14 tooth gear to a 16 on the jackshaft when it gets here ... A buddy of mine made a custom spacer for the jackshaft out of aluminum in order to get the correct alignment with the clutch ... Also he makes all of my spacers for me out of aluminum ... Neat and clean ... He has just finished my custom brake part that has the cable stop incorporated in it ... You'll see it in the next couple of posts ... Wanted to run the clutch with the sprocket inboard but it was off by about an 1/8"... Will do a little more to the bike tonite ... Everthing has went well so far ... I know this project isn't some custom fab job , but I thought I would share it with ya'll anyway ... Thanks for looking and your comments are very welcome ...

Beautiful bike

I don't see a 2spd set up

Still trying to figure out why your running the rear sprocket on the left side instead of the right

I would flip the rim to the other side move the engine over to the other set of slots

Flip the clutch and run the jack shaft gear on the inside of the bearing

The chain is looking scary on the outside just waiting to eat your calf :death:

Beautiful bike

I don't see a 2spd set up

Still trying to figure out why your running the rear sprocket on the left side instead of the right

I would flip the rim to the other side move the engine over to the other set of slots

Flip the clutch and run the jack shaft gear on the inside of the bearing

The chain is looking scary on the outside just waiting to eat your calf :death:
Well ... The outside gear is a 14 (for now...soon to be a 16) and the inside gear is a 12 ... 2 speed jackshaft ... The reason I didn't flip the sprocket is because First... I was going to use a torq-a-verter (but didn't mock it up first and it won't fit) ... And second I don't have a cable slot for my brakes on the other side of the frame (my bad)... Yes I could have moved the engine over but I like how centered it all worked out ... I just barely missed the chain set up on the inside by 1/8" ... So anyway , I decided not to move the engine over ... Once I get the clutch cover on it won't be too bad ... Yeah ... I think that outside chain set-up looks mean ... :biggrin:

Last edited:
Well ... The outside gear is a 14 (for now...soon to be a 16) and the inside gear is a 12 ... 2 speed jackshaft ... The reason I didn't flip the sprocket is because First... I was going to use a torq-a-verter (but didn't mock it up first and it won't fit) ... And second I don't have a cable slot for my brakes on the other side of the frame (my bad)... Yes I could have moved the engine over but I like how centered it all worked out ... I just barely missed the chain set up on the inside by 1/8" ... So anyway , I decided not to move the engine over ... Once I get the clutch cover on it won't be too bad ... Yeah ... I think that outside chain set-up looks mean ... :biggrin:
I stand corrected ... What I meant on the 2 speed set-up is it is actually a gear reduction only ... Sorry :doah:

Ok... Fuel tank is on ... I got the brake part ... Grips and throttle control are in place ... The brake part worked out pefectly ...I'll get it out in the light this weekend and get some better pics ... Just about done ... Clutch cover and that should do it ... Any other suggestions ... Thanks for look'in ...

Last edited:
Nice job on the brake clevis..
A set of chrome fenders would make that orange POP:thumbsup:
Are you planning on putting a pair of rubber front fork boots on it?

Nice job on the brake clevis..
A set of chrome fenders would make that orange POP:thumbsup:
Are you planning on putting a pair of rubber front fork boots on it?
Thanks bab ... I'm really not a fender guy but this project came out so nice I might just add some later (if I can find some) ... As far as the rubber fork boots go ... Same deal there ... Don't really care for them (and not for the price most folks want) ... but if I can get some at a reasonable price I might add them ... This bike turned out so nice I might not even ride it and park it in my bedroom ... :lol: ... Really though ... I can't wait to crank it up and take it for a spin ...