bonanza cr500 chopper

Nice work.What is next? Do you have all the parts to complete?Also was the coil a Hodaka coil?I started with a roller and hope to have mine done by spring.I need to figure out all the wiring for the lights and kill switch.
Dave

james c

the coil and mount came from a jlo rockwell snowmobile engine, a single cylinder engine. it seems to fit real nice. the coil is a bosch and has a longer lead than the hodaka coils, thats why i used it. as far as wiring, you will have two sets of wires comming out of the engine. the black and blue are for the coil. the black goes to the positive and blue goes to the coil ground. lets see some pics of your bike

i havent figured out the other wires yet.

That is a great set up on the coil.I am still all in pieces.Wheels and lower sissy bar is at the powder coater,I am hoping to get them back on Wed.
I will try to get some pictures going with what I got.I got about everything after spending $$$ over the last few months.

james c

i saw the coil and bracket on ebay, they are cheap.
the other set of wires, i see the black goes to the kill switch,the blue and yellow and green are unknown but must be for the lights.

Neck

Growing up is optional
Dam that's Cool Jimmy! I bet that will be a blast to ride going through the gears and all. Is that A Steens Allsport there in the back?

Update / Still waiting on parts

James how is your bike doing? I did not get much done this week,still waiting on powder coating(wheel halves and lower sissy bar).I also have my seat cover getting new sides and piping.About all I could do today was the jackshaft set up and motor mounts.

Last edited:
Got my seat and silver parts back

Got my seat back,new foam,sides and piping for $30.Looks really good.I cleaned up all the years of over spray and grim off the original top with graffiti remover and it cleaned up like new.I got back my silver parts from powdercoat and was able to put the sissy bar on.I popped in the new wheel bearings but I need a rear tube to finish the wheels.

Last edited:
Dave FYI the motor mounts are on wrong lol. Just switch the side from left to right. The bike looks killer, you should make your own project thread about it.