Bonanza rear Sprocket Replacement

Sorry for the Newb Question .
What are my Options For changing out the Rear Sprocket for the bonanza 1300.
the old sprocket teeth seem worn and thin.
new ones dont seen to be available.

Or What wheel setup upgrade can i go with.

Thanks
Steve

You're pretty much stuck with E-Bay, finding a parts bike or using a lathe to cut off the old sprocket from the drum and fitting a new one on it. If on E-bay make sure you ask the complete condition of the part including the brake surface as well as the teeth.

I cant use a different Wheel set up ?
Yes you can and I got a bonanaza that came with Fox type wheels with drum,,,,,but why wouldn't these work? (if drilled with bolts used)

Also if your sprocket is small you could bolt a larger sprocket to it. (the kind like above.)

Last edited:

kbs8ball

I have one of those bolt on sprocket set ups on my boonie...they suck for stopping. I think the drum is a smaller diameter like 4 " The one piece bonanza sprocket works much better.

If you want to keep the Bonanza type brake and sprocket your options are limited as I said above. As far as other types of wheels and brakes you can use anything that will fit. There are several choices of wheel and sprocket assemblies. Years ago I set up a mechanical disc brake caliper on a BC1000 for my kids. It used the sprocket as the disc and I used the scrub brake foot lever to actuate it. It would lock up the rear wheel.