Boring and pistons

I just want to share this. I have several 196cc and predators as well. I have a RWYB engine (hemi style predator) that has well over 300 dyno pulls at 8500 to 9200rpm. It also has 3 races on it, and the only thing that has happened to it is one pushrod broke, and they are stock. I guess what I am saying is I like them both.

What kind of power are you making?
Not sure. Never dynoed it. Its just a long rod 3" bore Honda with 14:1 and 28.5intake and 25 mm exhaust valves. Using a black mamba cam with 1.3:1 roller rockers. I got a pz27 mikuni on it. It really runs strong in my opinion.
I have a 196cc motor set up almost identical and the 3" makes way more power. Seems like the long rod really helps these engines in the torque department.

Not sure. Never dynoed it. Its just a long rod 3" bore Honda with 14:1 and 28.5intake and 25 mm exhaust valves. Using a black mamba cam with 1.3:1 roller rockers. I got a pz27 mikuni on it. It really runs strong in my opinion.
I have a 196cc motor set up almost identical and the 3" makes way more power. Seems like the long rod really helps these engines in the torque department.
Which long run? Did the piston have to be shaved down?

196 crank in predator block do you leave piston down in hole?
That's a good question.....

There are some blocks out there that are longer than normal.
There are even some stock looking rods that are longer than normal...

This is one of the reasons ARC came out with .010 and .020 over stock billet rods.
You can never be sure exactly what you have until you measure.

I am going with the assumption you need the extra .020.
If I don't it gives me wiggle room....
I can shave a piston down ( and lighten it a little in the process, and I can skin the deck on a block if required to take up more slack )

I just want to share this. I have several 196cc and predators as well. I have a RWYB engine (hemi style predator) that has well over 300 dyno pulls at 8500 to 9200rpm. It also has 3 races on it, and the only thing that has happened to it is one pushrod broke, and they are stock. I guess what I am saying is I like them both.
That is nice information to have.

Your a member of Garry's face book club.
Since I do not use that face book thing maybe you could post us some of the latest gossip of what works and what does not.

That is nice information to have.

Your a member of Garry's face book club.
Since I do not use that face book thing maybe you could post us some of the latest gossip of what works and what does not.
Honestly, you should come on over to facebook, and join the poboys club with us. There is a lot of info available, and I will help in anyway I can.

Honestly, you should come on over to facebook, and join the poboys club with us. There is a lot of info available, and I will help in anyway I can.
I just don't want to join facebook, I don't tweet or text and I think this is as far as I am going to go with electronic communication besides email.

I don't even have a cell phone.
But I like skype.....

I sure miss Bob's 4 cycle as it was.

I just don't want to join facebook, I don't tweet or text and I think this is as far as I am going to go with electronic communication besides email.

I don't even have a cell phone.
But I like skype.....

I sure miss Bob's 4 cycle as it was.
I understand, I use facebook to communicate with other racers in different area's of the country. I just weed through the 'crap" that's posted.. LOL. I don't know what Skype is though? I miss the "old" Bobs as well, there was ton's of info lost from there :(

What's the actual group name for poboy? I've done a few searches and can't seem to come up with the right one.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I talked to the local machine shop and he said the lowest bore he can do is 2.7~ which is good to hear. I priced some sleeves and for only $45 it's not a bad deal. If I get a 3" bore with sleeve I'm assuming I could keep the stock length billet rod I have now, that way I wouldn't have to mill the piston too much?

Sent my request to join Poboy

I understand, I use facebook to communicate with other racers in different area's of the country. I just weed through the 'crap" that's posted.. LOL. I don't know what Skype is though? I miss the "old" Bobs as well, there was ton's of info lost from there :(
Skype turns your computer into a free telephone with video.
Call people and see them ( if they have skype also ).

Greatest thing since slice bread.
I often talk to people and see the kids grow that I might only get a chance to ever few years.

I would like to follow along with PoBoy's.
But there is something I don't like about all this new stuff.
Maybe its the lack of anonymity or the data mining that goes on to pay for them.
And in the end they offer nothing more to me than I could get from a forum like this.

Skype turns your computer into a free telephone with video.
Call people and see them ( if they have skype also ).

Greatest thing since slice bread.
I often talk to people and see the kids grow that I might only get a chance to ever few years.

I would like to follow along with PoBoy's.
But there is something I don't like about all this new stuff.
Maybe its the lack of anonymity or the data mining that goes on to pay for them.
And in the end they offer nothing more to me than I could get from a forum like this.
Skype sounds interesting, I may check that out.

I talked to the local machine shop and he said the lowest bore he can do is 2.7~ which is good to hear. I priced some sleeves and for only $45 it's not a bad deal. If I get a 3" bore with sleeve I'm assuming I could keep the stock length billet rod I have now, that way I wouldn't have to mill the piston too much?

Sent my request to join Poboy
You will enjoy poboy's