breaking in boots?

Riley

hey guys, i just bought a new pair of 2011 thor Q1 boots. they are really stiff, and i cannot shift easily yet in them. i have been walking around my neighborhood with them on to help some. any other tips? i have heard to soak them in warm water, then let them dry on your feet while walking. has anyone tried that?

i did a search on here, but found nothing

buckeye

That worked for boots when I played in the USMC and those boots fit perfect. Jacked up your feet for awhile but perfect fit. Also did it with some cowboy boots. Same result.

A good soaking with leather conditioner will soften them up. Spray them down in the stiff spots twice a day for a couple days. It will help the leather last longer to.

Get some 'Sno Seal', apply it then go for a good walk. Not only will soften leather, it will water proof them. I don't know if it will work on 'synthetic leather' or the plastics they make boots out of today.

Get some 'Sno Seal', apply it then go for a good walk. Not only will soften leather, it will water proof them. I don't know if it will work on 'synthetic leather' or the plastics they make boots out of today.
sno seal dont seem to do a dam bit of good on plastic boot parts . one trick that i found works out real good take and warm the snow seal till it melts or least starts to change color . and have your leather boots good and warm then put the sno seal on them . the stuff will wick up like nothing and gets in nice and deep .it gives a much better coating and it lasts longer .
what i have done is put my boots near the wood stove and got them hot like 130 deg then put the sno seal on them and let them sit by the stove till it all melted /soaked in .

I lived in the field 250 days a year for 12 years. We walked 10-25 miles daily in every environment of the world and in all weather conditions. Our field packs weighed between 15lbs and 100lbs and we usually went through 2 pairs of high quality boots a year. Everytime I received a new pair of boots they were submerged in the creek overnight. I would pull them out in the morning and pour the water out of them. Then don a heavy pair of wool socks and get moving for the day. Every few hours I would change socks and keep on moving. By the end of the day the boots would be about 90% dry. Care was taken to keep them out of the sun and away from the fire or any other heat source as the break-in process progressed. The next day the boots would finish drying as I walked in them. Keep in mind that you will probably still need to change socks a few times on the second day. After the boots were dry I would treat them with Huberd's Shoe Grease every month.