Briggs 3hp Any mods?

Curious if there’s any companies that sell performance or replacement parts for the Briggs 3hp engine.
Mine appears to be somewhat old. Came from a 7 blade mower. It runs ok. I’ve attached pictures of the engine, including model number.
Really interested in find a clutch or torque converter, an exhaust, replacement piston rings and maybe other parts.
thanks!

Attachments

Bird Brain

Try using an aluminum flywheel from a push mower 3hp briggs, just make sure to keep the clutch on it whenever trying to start it or it will snatch the rope back. Thats a cheap mod that improves the throttle response.

Thepaetsguy

Try using an aluminum flywheel from a push mower 3hp briggs, just make sure to keep the clutch on it whenever trying to start it or it will snatch the rope back. Thats a cheap mod that improves the throttle response.
A few moderators on the Briggs forum got upset when a video of a vertical engine flywheel installed on a horizontal engine was posted. Not sure why then they deleted the post.

Can you elaborate on "keep the clutch on it"? Do you mean the starter clutch full of loose ball bearings that spins on the crankshaft snout?

You can machine the head and port and polish same as people do on 5hp. I have tried this and it did run stronger and faster .Not alot but anything when it's only 3hp will be noticeable.