Briggs 5hp flathead

I have a briggs flathead .10 over the rod oil dipper hits the side of case plus rod hits the cam the rod is a arc 6360 which is stock lenght what can I do to it so it don't hit anything

When I got the engine the intake tappet was broke think that happened cause the valve hit the plug they had a long in but it could of been hittin cause of that not sure tho u can see where it was hitting on the side of rod cap and maybe the dipper got bent when tappet broke

Oook. I'm just picturing a big, big mess that I can't really piece together in my head right now just from what you're describing.

Can you get a few pics in here? :confused:

Its all good got parts and it back up and runnin when I bought it suppose to have just leak between carb and tank so the tank was off so didn't know if it ran got that fixed didn't run so I took the plug out seen the intake valve didn't open found that the tappet was broke put one in it didn't think to look at cam put back together still didn't run so took it back apart found the cam bent i think it happened cause they had a longer plug in it so they were Tryin to start it and the valve was hitting the plug and that broke the tappet and bent cam and dipper was also bent but that's my guess what happened but I got it all fixed so I'm good

No shit boy, thats cast iron.. :laugh: I suppose though, it's not very thick, and is a pretty long span in there.. You go shoving shit where it can't fit, something has to give..

There's been more than one Tecumseh H35 cam or Onan 18 horse cam just strait up break just because it's an engine.. :shrug: