Briggs 5hp I/C parts

Hi,

I blew a 5hp Briggs engine. I am doing a build up on Briggs 5hp engine. I would like to find the best parts for it. So far, I have an ARC rod and racing valves. I am looking for a Briggs 5hp I/C block. I would prefer a dual bearing block and I already have a side cover. I am also looking for a piston and rings for it. Can someone tell me am I better off with an I/C piston, a raptor piston, or something else? What holds up the best? Also, is there any advantage to getting an aftermarket head?

Thanks,
Al

ebay is your best place to find a piston and block. an aftermarket head that is milled and as a fireslot add 1/2 to 1 hp instantly which is a good investment i did. most of my parts i got from ebay

As far as the piston goes, it depends on what kind of RPMs your going to reach.

A stock piston should be ok under 5 or 6,000 RPMs.

If your going to run alcohol then a performance piston would be a good idea.

The Raptor pistons use different rings then the stock briggs pistons because they are thinner. They made the rings thinner in order to reduce rotating friction. Making acceleration & oil control better some what.

I have a new Briggs 5hp Industrial Plus Piston with rings if you are interested. It was pulled out of a new engine but the rings aren't broken in yet.

ebay is your best place to find a piston and block. an aftermarket head that is milled and as a fireslot add 1/2 to 1 hp instantly which is a good investment i did. most of my parts i got from ebay
I apologize for disagreeing with you, but those heads are like throwing money in a dumpster.

I apologize for disagreeing with you, but those heads are like throwing money in a dumpster.

i gree with him they help on scrmers but for mild not to much i belive i heard a raptor 3 piston was the heavyest an had the lightes wrist pin an a raptor 2 piston was the lightest as for heads a mill or thinner gasket is the beter choice