Briggs Animal Expert

Looking for someone who knows the Briggs Animal motors real good. Just picked up two Briggs Animal crankshafts p/n 557137 for $50. Want to know if there is any restrictions for what model/type motor it can be installed in. I have 16 Briggs Inteks ranging from 110400 series to 126300 series. Not looking for increased hp, just the Briggs Animal crankshafts are cheaper then the stock crankshafts.

Bill

rmm727

The rod journals are the same from the Animal to the Intek. Some Inteks had a 2.02" stroke and some had 2.20" The Animal has 2.20" stroke. Bores are the same but some Inteks were kool bore so you can't interchange pistons.

With that said, I'd say the most you would have to worry about would be piston pop up.

Yeah, I've encounter that rebuilding the Briggs Inteks. Some rods have 11.6 cast in the rod and others are 12.5. I try and never mix pistons from kool bore to iron sleeve motors. I learned the hard way,lol. Surprising that OEM crankshafts are more expensive then the Briggs Animals.

Well got my two new Briggs Animal crankshafts in along with a stock crankshaft p/n 699445. The Briggs Animal cranks are 1/4" shorter on the portion of the PTO that rides on the bearing or plain bushing side of the motor. Anyone else noticed that?

Anyone interested in buying Briggs Animal crankshafts p/n 557137 can get them from amainmotors on Ebay for buy-it-now of $45 plus $14.55 s/h. They are builders of Honda and Briggs racing motors located out of Spring City, Pennsylvania.