briggs carb

hello all i am new to this forum and in need of some help on a project i have a 5 hp briggs with the carb mounted on the gas tank and on this project the frame is small so i need to find out what carb i could use that would utilize a remote fuel tank to feed the carb. this is a stock engine and no plans to make any performance mods. any help or ideas would be appreciated thanks

Hello, and Welcome Aboard!

The original Model 13 Briggs 5 horse engine came with a Flo-jet carb, these would have had to have a remote tank. They are not impossible to find, and are semi-common.

Your other choices would be finding a carb from anything 5-8 horsepower and making a manifold to adapt it, both bowl carbs and pumper carbs would work good.

Your last choice would be a tillotson, Mikuni, or Walbro carb with a racing manifold, this would eliminate the need for machining,

Hope that helps a little!

in a mikuni carb could i use a 22mm or is that to much carb for this engine i plan to make my own manifold and i see 22's are around 50 or so. I have never dealt with the mikuni is there alot to set it up or just bolt and adjust needles as required like old school carbs. thanks for the help

with the 22mm mikuni do i use the jets supplied or do i need to change them and what would be the recommended size. Also is there a good web site to buy from as far as price goes? thanks for the help in advance.