Briggs Industrial Plus engine?

I got a good deal on a 5HP "Industrial plus" engine which is on a pressuer washer with a blown pump. the engine is like new and sounds REALLY GOOD! The weird thing is unlike my I/C engines the carb manifold comes out to the side, it has a float bowl carb and it has a huge muffler and air cleaner.

It is just like this with the tank on top .

I believe it has a iron sleeve and bearing but just wanted to know if that was correct. Model is 133432 type-0041-04 code 97022YB, says made in USA. looks to be a 97 owner says it was hardly even used. Thanks.

The carb has a mixture screw on the side.

I'd like to know where to get these angled intakes and exhaust mounts cheap! The exhaust mount has no restriction and it's easy to weld a header right over it, even has a place to mount a bracket from the header. :thumbsup:

BTW, took the gov out and it has a iron sleeve a bearing, bet it breathes better too.

Last edited:
I use those manifolds paired with carter model N carbs and the engines run BEAUTIFUL! the manifold it self is not cheap(somewhere around 36) I can get the part number for yah if you want it. also these maniflods are used on those coleman 3.5hp generators ( with the plastic covers all over). when you see one of these generators BUY IT! the manifold fits up to basically any carb( tec carbs carter carbs and any carb with that bolt distance)
only problem I have had with these manifolds is that I had one crack and break on me. check your manifold for hairline cracks!! if you have any scuff it up and put some resin and a fiberglass patch on it.
,Alfalfa

I use those manifolds paired with carter model N carbs and the engines run BEAUTIFUL! the manifold it self is not cheap(somewhere around 36) I can get the part number for yah if you want it. also these maniflods are used on those coleman 3.5hp generators ( with the plastic covers all over). when you see one of these generators BUY IT! the manifold fits up to basically any carb( tec carbs carter carbs and any carb with that bolt distance)
only problem I have had with these manifolds is that I had one crack and break on me. check your manifold for hairline cracks!! if you have any scuff it up and put some resin and a fiberglass patch on it.
,Alfalfa
Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

delray

gto that engine would work great on a custom build project with a remote gas tank mounted. most briggs motors you have to deal with the rear gas tank:doah: and they dont work so good sometimes getting in the way,jackshaft,tire....etc....:scooter:

Those manifolds are designed for the PZ series of carbs only. The intake bore is offset to one side instead of being centered. I ordered one just the other day. I'll post a few pics when it arrives.
That's a great price, how about a good price on the PZ's? :wink:

GRE

that motor has a bearing it is whether it has 2. not all IC motors have dual bearing. I can guarantee it has a steel sleeve. There are many part store to get aftermarket parts. Now yuou can get sick carbs for it, but if your not going to more work internally, that you could blow the rod, or tear up the valves. that is a good motor, so choose wisely for mods.

Those manifolds are designed for the PZ series of carbs only. The intake bore is offset to one side instead of being centered. I ordered one just the other day. I'll post a few pics when it arrives.
Well my parts arrived today. The manifold is very nice, but I was a bit upset to find out that I was charged $52.89 instead of the $6.17 that was listed on their web-site when I ordered the piece. The site has been corrected at this point to show the $52.89 price. I had thought that the price seemed like a hell of a good price & even commented on it when I placed my order. I did not verbally quote the price, or verify it at the time though. I just made a comment about it being a great price & the salesman agreed. Matter of fact... I ordered two of them. :doah: I will call them Monday & see what, if anything, can be done. I really hadn't planned on spending that extra hunnert plus bux. :confused:

Check out the posts that I multi quoted.

The first one from the other day shows the $6.17 price, but when I quoted the same post this evening, it now shows the higher price. Eff:censure:'n computaters. :eek:ut:

Well my parts arrived today. The manifold is very nice, but I was a bit upset to find out that I was charged $52.89 instead of the $6.17 that was listed on their web-site when I ordered the piece. The site has been corrected at this point to show the $52.89 price. I had thought that the price seemed like a hell of a good price & even commented on it when I placed my order. I did not verbally quote the price, or verify it at the time though. I just made a comment about it being a great price & the salesman agreed. Matter of fact... I ordered two of them. :doah: I will call them Monday & see what, if anything, can be done. I really hadn't planned on spending that extra hunnert plus bux. :confused:
Damn! :doah::doah::doah: It did look too good to be true , I was going to order a few but always confirm the price w/shipping before hanging up.:thumbsup:

Damn! :doah::doah::doah: It did look too good to be true , I was going to order a few but always confirm the price w/shipping before hanging up.:thumbsup:
I asked, but the "Computer was down."

I should know better. I've bought from them before & never had a problem. It will be interesting to see what they have to say on Monday.

As for the engine, it would leak a little gas when sitting so I cleaned the carb (no rebuild kit needed) and the needle seats great now, there was some bits in the bowl causing the problem.. I removed the gov but left the funky long gov arm for linkage/throttle. drove it with the big funky muffler then welded up a short pipe with hot dog. Made an air cleaner.

I've been running it on our Sears bike and it fits perfect with that carb and no tank in the way. Engine runs really good and starts first pull every time all the time,,, Carb is small but gets us around fine and I don't have enough street to air it out with the two speed clutch.