Briggs Intek Build.

Looking for opinions on a build.

I have a 6.5 Briggs Intek engine that will be going in my minibike. The bike will be used for 100ft drag racing, and little else other than some putting around the yard. Right now, there is no carburetor, and the only modifications are a short straight-pipe exhaust, and a billet flywheel.

I'm willing to dump several hundred into the engine to bring it to the 10-15hp level. Where should I start? Or should I sell it and buy an Animal to start from? I tried dealing with an un-named vendor, and he seemed to think I was looking for free info and wouldn't help unless I "called to place an order".

trinik7597

it won't take several hundred if you already have the flywheel and are smart about your purchases :thumbsup: the animal has a bearing block as well as the side cover but the other parts interchange . you can find a nice walbro carb cheap enough and intake manifold . but if you are building a drag bike you won't be doing much putting around the yard on it

What model/size walbros are good? Ive got no problem sizing Holleys to a V8, but Im lost when it comes to single cylinders....very sad.

trinik7597

go with a tillotson carb if ur building a race engine
this would work too :thumbsup: but briggs sells the animal / world formula with wallbro carbs my animal runs great so i figured i would stay with the wallbro for my intek build :thumbsup: size kind of depends on what you do to the engine iam using 26 mm