Briggs & Stratton 6.5HP

So like the title says I have a Briggs & Stratton 6.5HP on my bike and I was wondering if it would work with a gravity feed system. Basically I have a small beer keg that I fashioned with a gas tank inside. Now I want to run a tube to the small tank on the engine and would like to know if it would work?

buckeye

What kind of carb and tank is on it now? Depends on what kind of beer too. Nedd a bit more info or as the old saying goes, pics would be helpful.

Ok Buck here is a photo of Trixy, I will get new ones tomorrow. Also one of what I hope will be an additional tank. I am not sure I was clear but my plan is to run the hose into the existing tank and that the keg itself has a gas tank from another motor inside it.

buckeye

I think from what i can see, that is a carb-tank combo. If that's the case, then you putting a different carb on it?
Where ya puttin the keg?

Keg will go up top in front of the seat and have the tube run down under it and into the existing tank. I was not planning on changing anything about the motor if I didnt need to. Funds are being sucked dry by the car.

buckeye

Then I am confused. The tank and carb you have, from what Ican see, are a unit. So you are wanting to put another gas tank in the keg and run a line to the gas tank? You have to have the tank-carb combo,unless you are changing the carb.
Those forks just don't look safe??

Yeah the forks do have a bit of shake to them but after 2-3yrs they are still holding and turning. What more can you ask? As for the carb and gas tank I got some more pictures for you and a picture of the forks too.

buckeye

Yeah, that carb and tank combo have to stay on. You won't be able to run a seperate fuel line. The carb sucks the gas from the tank. Again, unless you are changing carbs you can't have a remote fuel line unless you are going to feed it into the tank???

Rocco like I said that is what my dad wants to do, Me I wanna run it into the tank so I can extend Trixys travel distance without her getting thirsty.

Buck, Yeah I dont know what my dad planned. For all I know he was going to run the hose to the underside of the carb.

I will post pictures as we progress with it. Thanks for your help and information. I would be thankful for any other advice.

It will leak gas from the vent hole on the stock tank if you fill up the keg. You would need to seal the stock tank and vent the keg. The other problem you might have is flooding the carb due to gravity if you mount the keg on top of the frame rails. Good luck and let me know what happens.

Lefty

:scooter: