Broncco tx 1 help!

Hello I'm new to this. last year I picked up a mini bike and I got it running "okay" I was told it was a broncco tx-1 the motor just keeps giving me issues I was wanting to put a 5 hp on it but I guess I have to get a jack shaft then? The motor that is on it now is mounted all the way over with the clutch backwards so the 5hp doesn't line up. If any one can help me with this that would be awesome, is this mini bike rare? Any information would be great thank you!

Jamie1972

Look in the photo section of the forum at the top.
Look for Broncco in the manufactures listing.
You'll see some bikes in there and compare
Good Luck!

P.S. This is a TX1 "Deluxe"
I kinda miss that bike a little...

Last edited:
The only thing I can tell you is that it is a TX2
Look in the photo section of the forum at the top.
Look for Broncco in the manufactures listing.
You'll see some bikes in there and compare
Good Luck!

P.S. This is a TX1

:laugh: Not a TX-2 ..... It is a TX-1 ...... Find me a picture of a TX-2 with a swingarm :wink: without looking there are like 4 different TX-1 models

Your bike needs a Broncco tank not that round tank on it .

Last edited:

Jamie1972

:laugh: Not a TX-2 ..... It is a TX-1 ...... Find me a picture of a TX-2 with a swingarm :wink: without looking there are like 4 different TX-1 models

Your bike needs a Broncco tank not that round tank on it .
Your right! I forgot they made the "Deluxe" and the basic...etc.

If you're looking to sell that chain/clutch guard, please let me know, I'll pay GOOD money for it...I might even have a replacement for it...

As for your Q...a standard Briggs or Tecumseh 5hp should bolt right up...without any issues. I have a ton of Broncco bikes and they usually bolt right up...Even a 7hp bolts rights on.

If you're looking to sell that chain/clutch guard, please let me know, I'll pay GOOD money for it...I might even have a replacement for it...

As for your Q...a standard Briggs or Tecumseh 5hp should bolt right up...without any issues. I have a ton of Broncco bikes and they usually bolt right up...Even a 7hp bolts rights on.

PM sent to Jeff

tx1 help

you would have to mess with the mounting plate to put a diff motor on it keep it stock its a 69 70 71 tx 1 but not the delux this one you have has painted fenders no jackshaft an no front disc brake i have a few bronccos although in great shape they are somewhat rare they dont bring the bigger dollar amounts the american made bikes bring aka rupp lil indian taco ruttman ect ect so you need a coffin style broncco tank an the right seat and your in buisness i may have some things you need

Looking at the Jamie1972's "Deluxe" photo and Scott44's photo, it looks like Scott's jackshaft is not installed correctly or is totally missing. That would move his motor over a good deal.

Second, that looks like a Tecumseh engine on Scott's, which means a Tecumseh 5HP will bolt right on.

He just has to worry about engine output shaft sizes and changing the clutch if they are not the same.

Note: going to a 5 HP on my Rupp Roadster made the world of a difference.