Bulldog Trike

paxson

I am going to try to post some pics of my trike that I bought about a month ago. I am not sure how to do it , or if it will work. Please let me know if you know anything about these trikes if the pics come up. I know it was made in Springfield, MO. in the 70's, but thats about it.

Last edited:

paxson

Yes, I believe I will definately do some seat work, but I have still yet to find out what an original seat would look like. I'm not sure if they are all that wide or not. It looks as if someone has modified this one.

It has a Comet series 20 drive system with a 1" shaft on driver and 3/4"bore w/7in. diam. on driven. Then runs a jackshaft to chain drive. It also has a differential on the axle. I'm not sure what kind or anything yet though. I just got out of hospital today and have not had time to look at that yet. I received a new roboneck yesterday, 6 screws, a double plate and all titanium in my c4-c6 neck vertebrae, so it will be a little bit before I can mess with the trike again, prob. about month or so. I'm trying to get a gameplan on what all I want to do with it while I'm layed up.

paxson

Also there is a person on here goes by "taker" was needing a nameplate for his bull dog and this one has a fairly good and clear one on it . He also lives in missouri, if he would contact me, he is more than welcome to take a pic of this one to reproduce.

paxson

I'm planning on re-doing this trike. There is a guy on my mail route that does powdercoating, and he said if I took apart and had it prepped(sandblasted) he would do the whole thing for $150. The trike appears to have been origionally a light blue color that someone has rattle canned a red/black/green cammo. Since I cannot find any info on the way the trike looked new other than light blue I have three questions. 1. How much of a sacrilage would it be to powdercoat it a hugger orange with silver wheels? 2. Would it be bad to put some aluminum treadplate on floorpan and maybe add some fenders with same stuff and a little smaller seat? 3. Is that a bad price on powdercoating?:shrug: