Can anyone identify this 12 year old kart?

I don't know what brand kart it is, it is a yard kart, it does have a live axle setup, all those parts are universal, bearings, axle, you may need to use a different type sprocket hub and sprocket, maybe the brake also but it is all repairable with over the counter parts. Azusa should have everything you need.

if you are good with a sawzall you can make a new keyway in those hubs. axles can sometimes be straightened but easily enough replaced. if its reasonable price get it.

I don't know what brand kart it is, it is a yard kart, it does have a live axle setup, all those parts are universal, bearings, axle, you may need to use a different type sprocket hub and sprocket, maybe the brake also but it is all repairable with over the counter parts. Azusa should have everything you need.
That's what I was hoping for, universal parts. Yes I saw live axle sprocket and hub, then a disc brake hub.

if you are good with a sawzall you can make a new keyway in those hubs. axles can sometimes be straightened but easily enough replaced. if its reasonable price get it.
Yes I'm good with a sawzall but how. Maybe opposite the old one? I can see cutting the 2 sides but how would you cut out the bottom?
I don't mind buying a new axle, some wheel hubs, and sprocket/hub.

Yes I'm good with a sawzall but how. Maybe opposite the old one? I can see cutting the 2 sides but how would you cut out the bottom?
I don't mind buying a new axle, some wheel hubs, and sprocket/hub.
You can't put a keyway in with a sawzall, you need to use a key broach, any good machine shop will have one.

dumont.com/our-broaches/keyway-broach-sets/

You can't put a keyway in with a sawzall, you need to use a key broach, any good machine shop will have one.

dumont.com/our-broaches/keyway-broach-sets/
That's what I was thinking, I had a machine shop do a jackshaft for my mini bike before. BUT it doesn't matter, it's not just the keyway. Today I saw the whole hub was destroyed, twisted, bent and all studs destroyed. I looked at the wheels and they are perfect.

So I took ownership of the kart! It seemed like I have hope to fix it and so I measured up the axle. It's a 1" axle threaded on both ends not that it matters because I'm not using the original hubs.
It measures 37" end to end. Looking around it's an oddball size. Axles are sold in 36" or 38" it looks like.
Since I don't plan on using ANY of the stock rear I can start fresh. Should I stay with a 1" axle or go with 1-1/4"?

Also would you guys go with a 36" axle or a 38" axle? Remember I'm not using any old parts and plan on buying the new wheel hubs, sprocket and sprocket hub, and a disk hub and disk. So I'm thinking the length would only affect the wheel base??? I'm a newb with karts so I need some help. I learned a ton on this site when I got a mini bike, I built it from frame up. Hoping to do the same with this kart.

Last edited:
Are you going to use your original wheels? If so you need to find a hub that fits your wheels. Get yourself a 1-1/4 inch bearing with the flanges to see if it will fit on your kart. 1-1/4 inch axle will stiffen up the rear, they are all tubular that I know of. The one inch with the threaded ends are solid. The axles with the snap rings take a clamp on type hub, you can set the width of the wheels wherever you want as the hubs can slide in or out, go with the 38 inch axle if you do the snap ring type axle, you can set the wheel thread in or out, the adjustment is infinite. Different axle lengths will not change your wheelbase, I think you are thinking wheel thread, the width of the wheels center to center. You can get a one inch axle with snap rings, then you can use the same size axle bearings if the 1-1/4 inch bearing won't fit your frame.

Are you going to use your original wheels? If so you need to find a hub that fits your wheels. Get yourself a 1-1/4 inch bearing with the flanges to see if it will fit on your kart. 1-1/4 inch axle will stiffen up the rear, they are all tubular that I know of. The one inch with the threaded ends are solid. The axles with the snap rings take a clamp on type hub, you can set the width of the wheels wherever you want as the hubs can slide in or out, go with the 38 inch axle if you do the snap ring type axle, you can set the wheel thread in or out, the adjustment is infinite. Different axle lengths will not change your wheelbase, I think you are thinking wheel thread, the width of the wheels center to center. You can get a one inch axle with snap rings, then you can use the same size axle bearings if the 1-1/4 inch bearing won't fit your frame.
Yes I'm using the original wheels which measure 4" bolt circle(measured diagonally)
Right now the frame uses 2 bolt flangettes, so I'd have to buy the 3 hole triangle 1-1/4" and see how it fits.

Are those tubular 1-1/4" axles stronger than a solid 1" axle? I need what would work best for off-road buggy driving.
Also the wheels hubs I see that are 4x4 come in aluminum or steel. Is the aluminum not strong enough for off-road use?
It seems to be a highly debated issue, but no straight answer.