carb.hook up progress

I cut the adaptor close to the flange side,and turned it about 90 deg.this allows me to mount the carb level.it took a while,but after a few rewelds I was able to get it so it was correct.Im glad that I did not get the aluminum adaptor or I would not have been able to weld it..
The engine did fire,it was a bit of a challenge to keep her running to get the fuel lines clear and air free.but in the end she runs,but when I hit the throttle it will stall out.I believe it is now just a matter of bigger main jet,and I should be good..

yea,I know my welding skills need work,whatever!!

Last edited:

125ccCrazy

a bigger main won't help with low end bog, the main jet doesnt work until 7/8 through WOT... Low end and mid range bog will come from the needle setting and air mixture... Take the barrel out of the carb and drop the C clip on the needle a notch and try it, if it gets better but not good enough drop another notch, if it gets worse go the other way... Dropping a notch will richen the carb, going up a notch will lean it.... also try adjusting the air mixture 1/8 turn at a time....

Last edited:
a bigger main won't help with low end bog, the main jet doesnt work until 7/8 through WOT... Low end and mid range bog will come from the needle setting and air mixture... Take the barrel out of the carb and drop the C clip on the needle a notch and try it, if it gets better but not good enough drop another notch, if it gets worse go the other way... Dropping a notch will richen the carb, going up a notch will lean it.... also try adjusting the air mixture 1/8 turn at a time....
oh,yeh your right I am not familiar yet with this carb,but I did know that about the main but forgot,I was not sure what the nedle jet adj.was for but I do now!!thanx to u..

John