Cat 400TS....she's a keeper

So glad I grabbed this one. This 2 speed girl is a blast to ride. :thumbsup: I bought new clutch shoes and 5 different spring rates for the jackshaft clutch to play with the 2nd gear engagement timing. Works awesome!! New decals, bearings, chains, paint, front fender and free engine work from my kart guy....she purrs. New brake cable coming this week. Big thanks to Glenn Baines tips during our 3 hour conversation on the metal work to remove all that rust. She aint perfect but a nice example of rags to riches.

Last edited:

markus

Nice! that cat came out PURRRR-ty :thumbsup: I got home last night to my package from you (thank you :wink:) and 2lbs baggy of acid :pimp: I ordered as per your link/posting. Hoping for some good results like you had :thumbsup:

Nice! that cat came out PURRRR-ty :thumbsup: I got home last night to my package from you (thank you :wink:) and 2lbs baggy of acid :pimp: I ordered as per your link/posting. Hoping for some good results like you had :thumbsup:
Thanks all for the compliments. This one was a bag of work and a barrel of patience. This is by far my favorite to date.

Mark your baggy should keep you happy for a while :laugh: but according to Mr. Baine it is Koolaid compared to what he told me to get. PM me if you want some details. :thumbsup:

dame thats a clean bike:censure:
Looking good Steve:thumbsup:
You have obviously switched bikes!

That thing is amazing.
GREAT find, and excellent job cleaning it up and getting it running! :thumbsup:
awesome job, it cleaned up nicely. One of my favorite Cat models! :thumbsup:
Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks and thanks :laugh: