chain issues

i used to have a problem like this on my cart when i was young and i can remember it seemed to stop,but has returned to my bike this time.for some reason it keeps breaking the chain , i am concerned because its gold on gold rlv chain and we know what kind of stress that can take. its just the front chain {i would have thought the longer chain in the rear would break first more weak points but no} . ive checked the alignment and all seems to be well only thing i can think of is masterlinks wore out , but i give them a good check before i use them especially the clips . i got a masterlink from OldMiniBikes that doesnt use clips instead it uses a wire that runs thru the posts securing the coverlink on . if you can get the wire right these work very well , i just hope it solves my prob i wanna ride xD.

my bad heres what im using : harbor frieght predator 212 , billit rod ,flywheel , 26 lb springs , black mamba cam,22 mm mikuni carb, mikuni intake . 12 t clutch >15t jackshaft :13t jackshaft> 60t sprocket.

well i just figured it out. it appears that the clutch i just bought is to blame . the sprocket on the clutch has a lip on it and when the masterlink on the chain tries to go thru the clip on the link hits the lip on the sprocket and its enough to offset the chain . so in the morning im takin that sprocket off the drum and grinding that lip off so the chain doesnt hit it at all =) . my other drums i have i used to compare and the lip on this new one i got is huge compared to a max torqe or hillard .

Last edited:
Sounds a lot easier to do away with the master link...
I had this problem when running a 12tooth or smaller on the clutch with the RLV chain...

Got rid of and never use a master link... Problem solved and no grinding.