Chain tightness/sprocket

Hi,
I’ve seen a few things related but no real solution. On a stand when turning the wheel the chain will go from tight to loose. So obviously the sprocket is not centered. It’s a aftermarket aluminum sprocket. Fits over the bearing perfect and bolts up fine. When I run a depth gauge on it and turn it there is a gap during 1/3 to half a rotation.
Do I file out the opening of the sprocket and shift it over? Or am I overlooking something obvious.
Coleman BT200x
Andy

Ok, update!
Shaft measured straight, new bearings, still the issue. Next filed the center opening a little to one side and slightly elongated the 4 bolt holes. I snugged the bolts down and when it would touch the dial indicator I’d give it a light tap with a rubber mallet. Tightened the crap out of the 4 bolts and it goes all the way around and not hitting the dial indicator.
Feels good now that it’s done. Getting it set up for Boonie racing around here and don’t need any chain issues.

Lizardking

Every chain I've come across has a tight and loose spot. Are you sure that's not what you're experiencing?
I noticed that issue on my Mickey the last time I rode it. I had planned on centering the sprocket but if tight and loose spots is a normal issue then I'll leave it be. If it starts throwing the chain then I'll beat on it with a BFH!!

I want to know how y'all align the rear tire perfectly. Because I use a ruler on the adjusting screws and tire seems to wear left or right depend on where I crank it too. It was all good until I changed the brake :confused:

I want to know how y'all align the rear tire perfectly. Because I use a ruler on the adjusting screws and tire seems to wear left or right depend on where I crank it too. It was all good until I changed the brake :confused:
Can you show a picture? I'm not understanding your question.

Oh, and maybe start your own topic to ask your question?