changing oil is a mess....

okay with the clone engine mounted in my DB30, the drain plug is at the front of the engine.... just doing my first oil change after the 20 minute break-in period suggested my many.... man this is a pain in the a$$ with the oil dripping out the front all over the mounting plate!! is there a better way to do this??

cncd11

mount a pipe extending out of the oil drain, away from your frame.
or like he said go to the depot or lowes and in the plumbing section their should either be brass or galvanized piping that u can get to make a drain, and mabee plumb a shutoff valve in also. take your drain plug with you to reference the size and thread pitch that you will need. good luck and post pics when you are done. :rockon:

1 BSPP with bulk head fitting + #6 hose to a 90 JIC fitting and cap. Unscrew the cap drain the oil make the hose as long or short as you like and with the cap dirt wil never get in

Its a clone of Jap product and they use a lot of BSP so that would be my guess.....

Jesse I'm sure your a fine young man with lots good ideas but I sincerly hope you change your mind about oil changes especial if you own a car.

Comments Like " just make sure they are full and there happy " will in the long run cost you money. Nothing lasts for ever not oil, not engines not brass in your pockets unless you learn to take better care of your stuff.