Checking in finally with a new drag build

And then to top it all off. I think I m the only one in Oklahoma to have a drag style mini bike or much less a fast one. So it looks like I gotta travel out of state just to play with others which sucks.

The tvrp drag strip here in Oklahoma has given me the full ok to run it tho. So it will be geared for 1/8 mile. The track is a full 1/4 mile track tho.

Last edited:

Twid

After the first pass at the track tons of people are going to want one. There is noone in my area as well I'd have to go to LA for a race.

After the first pass at the track tons of people are going to want one. There is noone in my area as well I'd have to go to LA for a race.
That's what we are hoping. Trying to get some people back in the racing scene but affordable............ We'll sort of. Lol. Can't do it with my chassis setup I got over $3k with a $160 engine in mine. Haha

And I shall be testing next weekend if my brakes show up. Mcp is dragging really hard this go around. Been about 3 weeks and still got nothing.

13692480_1353917174637033_8121296360047090223_n.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with some real power that frame will do the twist. I was going to go with the nitro 44 till I found my Temcula Bob frame. Plus I talked to the dude at minichopperssocal and he was kinda a downer, I don't have time for that. I can't get the second video to work as well.
And I took your advise and added gussets for the neck. Thanks for the heads up sir.

Are those bars adjustable? Getting the wheelie bar height correct can be the difference between a high speed run, and blowing the tire off on launch. Bike looks great nice job!

Also nice front wheel & tire combo I am running the same thing. Mine goes flat after a couple days it's a pain. Does yours hold air any better than mine?

Ha. No on holding air and I haven't even rode it yet. Debating just putting a tube in it and calling it done. Holds air about a day or so. Leaks around one of the beads I checked earlier today.

And yes the bars are my design and are fully adjustable. If you go to my profile and look at the buildup it would show you up close on the rod ends and the build of them. They are set at a 2x4 heights right now with out adjusting anything yet. The bracket on the end by the tires are actually engine limiting brackets from applied racing technology which is also where I got the ends and weld tube ends. The wheels are just rip stick wheels. They came out exactly like the real ones so I'm really happy with them.

Last edited:
Super cool looking bike. I'm new to this scene and can already tell there are aspects of the hobby that I dig and a drag minibike is certainly one. I'm finishing up a custom truck build and something like this would be cool in the back. I'm going to have to dig for more articles. Cool project look forward to some running videos.

Its running and riding sort of..................

1. The belt is too short, come to find out the custom driver i ordered is bigger than the usual one they send with it.

2. It only idles and revs a littler bit before cutting out and falling over flat on its face. I ordered a 32mm carb and timing key cause i think the stock carb on these powerland 420's are j.u.n.k. I hope it fixes it if not it has to be the coil and flywheel. Will keep everybody in the loop as i have not seen anybody else mod these powerland's yet. The coil i think has a 4300 rpm cutoff but it doesnt even get there without cutting out. I can ease in the throttle slowly and get it there but thats it.

Last edited:
Thanks !

Stupid rookie mistake i forgot to drill the idle jet. It runs good now. And coil does not have the shutoff cause it hit 5180rpm with me on it on the tach.
13902667_1361817110513706_5510130231772702273_n.jpg

All i need to do is get the longer belt cause it does not have a neutral at all. But its rideable. And the engine is running like it should.

Last edited:
So after some track passes and testing. It's time to upgrade the engine, bigger chassis, and new clutch setup !

So I bought the 3d manual clutch and turned the power up on the modded 420cc engine. And new chassis is being built to hold a bigger tire and more wheelbase. It gonna be fun !