Choke or no choke

So I got to installing my new gx200 bored carb on my 6.5 ohv engine. It came with the choke removed, and a screw taped in its place. Now the choke post fits when I take out the screw, but it seems now that the gigantic air cleaner body has been removed permently, there's not a way to hold the choke handle in place.

The ultimate question is, do I need a choke?

If I do, how do I hold the choke handle on?

So I got to installing my new gx200 bored carb on my 6.5 ohv engine. It came with the choke removed, and a screw taped in its place. Now the choke post fits when I take out the screw, but it seems now that the gigantic air cleaner body has been removed permently, there's not a way to hold the choke handle in place.

The ultimate question is, do I need a choke?

If I do, how do I hold the choke handle on?
you shouldnt really need one, if its really cold or something. you can put your finger on the outside of the carb (where the choke was at) until its started then move your finger.

Well there will be an air filter, so the finger trick won't work. I suppose I just need a tip on how to keep the choke arm from falling off.

Man! That's it. I hope it will work with my NR racing air filter Adapter. I did see a little threaded whole so I feel like it will. What really bums me out is ten minutes before I got your message, I placed an order at OldMiniBikes warehouse for a $1 gasket and paid $4 for shipping. Now I just paid another $4 in shipping for this part. O well.

I used a 1/2" peice of flat steel and made one bend, drilled a 1/4" hole in one end and bolted to the carb stud on that side, works fine. Adjust it so it puts
a slight pressure on the plastic choke arm. Cost 0$, outcome: priceless.
outdoorguy