Cinco de Mayo! perfect day to buy a taco....

Dan-E-boy

Went to an estate sale in Burbank CA. that was posted on Craigslist on may 5th. Posted up to have a lot of minibikes and parts. When I showed up they only had a gokart and a couple of motors I didn't know to much about, so I was a little disappointed... I talk to the head guy and ask where all the minibike stuff is.. so eventually they start pulling the bikes out of the house.. the first two came out and they were really clean and well put together but I didn't know to much about them, but when he finally got around to pulling the last complete minibike out.... :eek::clap:
So i tell him right away, I'm into the purple one:thumbsup: let's make a deal:deal: so we make a deal and now its mine.. :pimp:they made me re-enact the deal on camera since the guy Allen from auction hunters was there filming for a new show about estate sales.
Anyway here are some pics of the taco and some parts I purchased there. Can you believe the taco is 001..pretty cool.. :thumbsup:and to think I almost didn't make it because I was out drinking with some friends till 3am the night before:drinkup::drinkup:.

And george3 said there was nothing good there?????
My buddy lives in Burbank and called me sat. to tell me about it but I was ridding with the guys in Simi Valley. Nice bike!! I like the way the seat sets.

Dan-E-boy

Do you know what the other 2 he had were?

Ugh! Why cant I find stuff like this in Massachusettes!!!??
Not sure, but MAC and george3 showed up on there way to the ride in simi valley. I'm sure they can tell us what they were.. someone bought both of them.. don't think he was an OldMiniBikes member though.

george3

And george3 said there was nothing good there?????
My buddy lives in Burbank and called me sat. to tell me about it but I was ridding with the guys in Simi Valley. Nice bike!! I like the way the seat sets.
most of the good stuff was already sold by the time we got there.

zeeman

Right on! That's a cool story. Was that guy from auction hunters as loud and obnoxious in person as he is on the show? Just wondering.

Dan-E-boy

Right on! That's a cool story. Was that guy from auction hunters as loud and obnoxious in person as he is on the show? Just wondering.
He was there with a cute blonde:girl: that replaced that big tattooed guy Ton.. and about 3 other workers in blue shirts and army cargo pants.. Allen was busy filming with a kid that said he wanted to be picker just like him when he grew up.. so I dealt with one of his workers and the blondie.. he didn't seem to be that loud, more of a straight to the point take it or leave it attitude..

Mac

...I had my camera with me in George's truck,
but never thought about snapping some pictures.

There was a nice complete Arco minibike($200?),
two Azusa frames($125 each),
an Azusa frame made into a downhill racer with no sprocket on the rear wheel,
at least four NOS 5" gokart tristars with nobbies & 1" drive($25 each),
one Bonanza rear frame piece($125) missing the swingarm that Dan-E-boy got,
some odds-n-ends of steel wheels,
two Azusa sprocket/brake assemblies($35.set),
and several 3,& 3.5 hp Briggs engines ($95. each).