Clarkbar2311's 2 stroke bicycle moter mini project

I've got an old frame and one of those 80cc bicycle moped kits that are going to be grafted together. I'll post pics later this week and as I make progress.

Motra

I have one of those 80cc engine kits on order too, I should have it some time this week. I'm curious to know if it has enough power for a mini bike or if it needs the pedal assist to get going. I was planning on buying a bicycle but if it will work in a mini I might go that way. I'll be checking your progress.
BTW - Most of them don't have a starter but I've seen pull starters on eBay.

Last edited:
i want to do a 2 stroke mini bike.

a guy i work with built one with a 125cc 2 stroke back in the day. he rode it around the block once and sold it because it was just too much.

I had the kit on a mountain bike and it worked ok. I didn't like how cheap the sproket setup was. I'm about 330lbs and it moved me big ass plenty quick. It's got a bunch of torque. I'll advise as to progress. I have 3 of the pull start kits as the first two I put on had clearance issues and self destructed. These kits are really cheap castings compared to a lifan engine.

My brotherinlaw put one on his bike 1 1/2 years ago. It was a DUI fix, if you know what I mean. I've ridden the bike a couple times, Torque would be the last thing I would ever say about it. Basically, it's a motor to designed to assist you. They warn you not to use it over 20-25 miles without resting the motor. His was a different brand with a hokey clamp to the spokes sprocket, but the motor looks to be identical. For a mini motor? I'm not sure guy's.

Well it's paid for and sitting in a box so it'll be better used on my extra mini frame. It'll be a good starter bike for my little brother. I certainly don't expect 6.5 clone performance.

Motra

Any updates on your project? I got my kit and so far it's just a decoration. I'll probably install it on a bicycle, but first I need to get a bicycle.