Clone keeps dying

cranked and ran my new 6.5 h/f clone. ran it down the block and it died. let it set and cracked it off again and down the block again and it died again. cliped the yellow wire coming out of the crankcase thinking it the oil sensor..it's 2 hrs. later and it still won't start. HELP!!
Ole Pete

If you can give us a little more info on what the motors doing before it dies and how it runs we might be able to help you a little more.

the motor cranks great and ran very well to the end of the block and just died. this motor had plenty of go in it.Now i rigged up a band brake on the clutch,,,could that be it???
i'm gonna pull the bowl off in the morning and see what happing there. while the bowl is off ,should i be seeing gas running out? oh,, i cut the yellow wire coming out of the crankcase going to the on/off switch,which i believe is the oil sensor shutdown.
ole pete

i was being humble about the yellow wire,,when it fact i'm positive its the oil sensor wire. when someone joins a forum such as this one for info. due to ignorance, its not to be answered with smart ass remarks. this is the second time for you .don't read my ignorant threads if you can't be a upright man and help out.i will be square with you if you treat me with respect.
OLe Pete

i was being humble about the yellow wire,,when it fact i'm positive its the oil sensor wire. when someone joins a forum such as this one for info. due to ignorance, its not to be answered with smart ass remarks. this is the second time for you .don't read my ignorant threads if you can't be a upright man and help out.i will be square with you if you treat me with respect.
OLe Pete
don't post so it makes you seem like a dumbass.

you "rigged up" a band brake on the clutch. that's the first clue that something may not be right.

with the low oil sensor switch, some people don't know that just going and cutting wires isn't a great idea. you said you think that it was the oil sensor, meaning you didn't know. if you don't know, don't cut it.

i go off what people post. if it seems like you don't know what you're doing i'll treat it as such.

i'm not here to try and hurt people's feelings. i know there are a lot of people on this site that know way more than me (even new people that just registered).

people are way too hahahahaing sensitive here and it really makes me not want to post anymore. i hate having to worry about someone getting butthurt over some comment.

and for an edit: even if you were a friend of mine and asked me that question in real life, you'd get the same answer. i don't beat around the bush with shit. if i think an idea is stupid, i'll tell the person that. i really don't know, i'm thinking this site just isn't for me.

Last edited:
its running now. so thanks to the guy who suggested that i check that the fuel valve was on. and thanks for all other assistance. oh and my grand kids thank you.
pete

Pete, Hopefully you haven't pulled off that bowl yet, and be carefull if you do,, First check the flow in fuel from tank to carb, I think there is a filter in the bottom of the tank, that should of caught any contaminates, except Water, and that my friend may be your problem too, Fresh gas is always recomended!
dave

and for an edit: even if you were a friend of mine and asked me that question in real life, you'd get the same answer. i don't beat around the bush with shit. if i think an idea is stupid, i'll tell the person that. i really don't know, i'm thinking this site just isn't for me.
Ah common Strigoi we've been having some good convo's, pleaseeeeeeee stay

Ah common Strigoi we've been having some good convo's, pleaseeeeeeee stay
most of the people here are cool and i respect them.

the problem is that i don't magically know what kind of experience a new member has here. i don't know if they're 12 or 50 and it seems like all of them take shit way too personally. i'm sick of having to defend myself because someone doesn't like the way i post.

i've spent way too much time on boards to worry about trivial bullshit like that.

Dave
i got confused and turned the gas valve to the off position. it's running great now and fast. did not remove the governor and thank god,, i'm not to comfy with the stock speed. trhanks for the reply
PETE

most of the people here are cool and i respect them.

the problem is that i don't magically know what kind of experience a new member has here. i don't know if they're 12 or 50 and it seems like all of them take shit way too personally. i'm sick of having to defend myself because someone doesn't like the way i post.

i've spent way too much time on boards to worry about trivial bullshit like that.
This is true. I think we should all agree to save our emotions for the wives/girlfriends and stick to motor talk!

yea same deal on my briggs as the honda and clones. as soon as it quits check the two leavers. sometimes when i get crossed up my pant leg gets caught and shuts it off. :doah:

Bad Strigoi

OLe Pete
Wow,is that dude sensitive,I thought your reply that pissed him off,was kind of a mild smart a** answer form u..hey it's all good, personelly I like your humor>>>

John .357

Can I be a smart ass for one minute?

There's an arrow on the gas lever and choke lever and it's better to look for those than start hacking wires we aren't sure of. :thefinger:

THANK YOU! :thumbsup: