clone throttle hookup secrets!

ok first of all i know all of u have some old tenspeeds lyin around the back yard. remove the rear brake cable assembly and lever. be sure to keep the nut/bolt that keeps the tension on the line at the brake caliper the wire runs through.

its easier to install with gastank removed. not to bad is only three bolts. i also found it easier to take the lever off the engine for assembly too.

run the wire thru the throttle lever hole on the engine, (im assuming u already have a return spring) now u need somethin to keep the sheath in place while the wire slides.

ZIP TIE. ZIP TIES. theres a hole on the lever thats perfect for the zip tiieing the cable sheath end in place. then ziptie the middle of the sheath to the middle of the fan shroud. adjust ur slack an tension an there u go. hope this helps someone. i prefer the lever to the twist throttles imo, though either one will work PICS COMING SOON

excuse my crappy grammar, guess i didnt proof read good enough :p

run the end of the wire thru a hole on the engine lever, (think theres a few) then use that bolt with the hole in the top and nut from the bicycle to keep the wire from pullin thru the hole when u pull the gas lever

i didnt either was all i had at the time, but after tighting them with needle nose pliers havent a single slip/problem. ur also talkin to the same guy who used a breadtie on his master link an rode all day with it :p

1. OK all you do is make an L bracket that mounts to the gas tank blot near the back.
2. Then drill a hole in the end of the L bracket and mount a old bike-cycle brake cable fitting or something that your throttle cable fits into.
3. run the throttle cable to a spring or a metal rod like i did (for more throttle responce, i made the rod out of like half of the little metal rod that comes with the engine throttle setup)
4. if you use the same metal rod i did then you have to drill out the original throttle butterfly hole one size up and heat the rod up and make a cricle at the end.
5. run your throttle cable thought the rod and put a bolt on the end of the cable to keep it all together
- i know that was hard to understand so look at the pictures and it is really simple
6. also for the trottle return spring just thread a hole in your air filter adapter and put the spring attached to the rod.
7. last thing--you have to cut the top off the butterfky throttle vavle on the carb to allow a full 360 range of movement from the hole.

I think the zip tie thing would work for a last resort, but I like my stuff proper and functional. I love the feel of a butter throttle, nice and solid, smooth with the turn and to get this you have to have it set up nice, with the zip tie rig I couldnt imagine it feeling nice at all, ok it works but really is it a secret, or a ghetto rig??? hmm.:hack::grind::hammer::thumbdown::eek:ut:

i think my way is the best, it has the less parts then the other setups which means less things to go wrong

tblumer
if that red filter is on your breather hose you might want to take that off