clone wont idle

Help, my 6.5 clone wont idle after sitting for about 2 months. I have the adj. screw 2 1/2 turns from closed and the idle just about 1/4 turn from closed. Is this close to the correct settings?Thanks Richard.

den35

You may have to pull the carb apart and clean it.If any gunk built up in the tiny passages inside,that could be the issue.

Sitting, that's your problem. As Den said you have carb issues now. Drain your fuel and clean your carb out. You can't compensate for a dirty carb by making adjustments.

Thanks guys, I pulled the line from the tank, its flowing freely, pulled the float bowl, nothing stuck in it,and pulled the little bowl under the gas inlet and gas runs freely.I dont have a compressor to blow out the carb, can I just stick the whole thing in carb cleaner? Thanks again, Richard.

I just saw this thread... I was actually looking for this because mine is doing the exact same thing.

A few months ago it ran perfect. I didn't ride it for about a month because I bought a motorcycle.. Now it's acting like the idle circuit is plugged. It runs fine when you accelerate and get it into higher RPM, but as soon as you let off, it will die. You have to constantly keep giving it a little gas when you are stopping, or else it will die. When it dies, you can start it easy by giving it about 1/2 throttle and cranking it.

I haven't messed with the idle speed screw (throttle stop) at all.. it used to idle fine, but after sitting for a while it does this.

If clone engine is going to set for awhile start engine,let run for a few minutes, shut gas off,leave it running till it runs out of gas.Old dirt bike trick,hope this helps.