Coil bind?

BWL

I've covered this many times, even in this thread, but for reason people don't seem to get it, are "just tuning in," or haven't heard the whole story. There were three contributing factors:

1. Bad camshaft core
2. Poor oil quality
3. Poor break-in procedure

Add to that the marine environment: Water is 800 times as dense as air, and I push 500 lbs total weight, and producing enough power to plane over such a medium. With that kind of stress, spring pressure does become a factor, not a cause but a factor as I've said several times. I wasn't not blaming 22 lbs springs. A bad camshaft core plus twice the spring pressure will contribute to the failure. It was just one contributing factor. There was not one cause of this, there were several contributing factors. All of which have been addressed. All of which have been solved. The motor is running perfectly now:

[video=youtube;gx7wsmJ7T8M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx7wsmJ7T8M[/video]

solved, closed

Last edited:

BWL

Great video & synopsis on the motor & its problem. I'm sure I'd enjoy watching a video on a build about these motors. I've worked on car motors more than these small motors, but there's always something to learn & information is always a benefit. I'd say go ahead & do a video.
Yeah, what I was asking about was a paid class on Teachable, not a free video on YouTube. That's what I was asking about.

Last edited: