Coleman ct200 u ex stock fly wheel

If you have spark, start it. when it dies, check spark again as quick as you can. if you still have spark check fuel. Problem is probably the carburetor.
I don't think I'm the only one who is confused about why you removed the coil, or the engine, for that matter.
So Im new to this whole mini bike , I’ve ordered a new stage 1 kit comes with a new carb from go power sports and 18lb springs that I was gonna install so removing the engine would make It easier and more hand space but hasn’t got here yet , so what I did is try to removed the engine to have it prep so when it gets here I don’t have to do as much work , in the process of removing the engine and bolts the only thing that was left was the cable , then I noticed it’s the cable for the coil connecting to kill switch cable , but I didn’t know you could just unplug it instead of unbolting the bolts that holds the coil so that’s what I did is un bolt the 2 bolts the holds the coil , then I put everything back together and it wasn’t starting , it Will start and die . Start and die , before that it was running fine

Last edited:
So Im new to this whole mini bike , I’ve ordered a new stage 1 kit comes with a new carb from go power sports and 18lb springs that I was gonna install so removing the engine would make It easier and more hand space but hasn’t got here yet , so what I did is try to removed the engine to have it prep so when it gets here I don’t have to do as much work , in the process of removing the engine and bolts the only thing that was left was the cable , then I noticed it’s the cable for the coil connecting to kill switch cable , but I didn’t know you could just unplug it instead of unbolting the bolts that holds the coil so that’s what I did is un bolt the 2 bolts the holds the coil , then I put everything back together and it wasn’t starting , it Will start and die . Start and die , before that it was running fine

Now for the big question....If your new parts are not here yet, why did you put it back together and start it? If you took the air filter off, did you take the carb off, too? Is it possible one of the gaskets fell out of got torn? You took the gas tank off, it can be difficult to reconnect that fuel line without kinking it. Is it on straight?

I put it back together because I did some Research about the gap and I didn’t know you were supposed to gap the coil after I took it off , so I put it all together to see if it ran right but It didn’t , I didn’t take the carb off only the gas tank And line, and air filter so that’s why I put it back together to see if it ran after taking of the coil and gapping it with a business card but no luck just starts and die , starts and dies , before that it ran fine so could it be that th carb go dirty got clogged up ? Idk but it runs just dies really quick

Last edited:

Triley41395

I put it back together because I did some Research about the gap and I didn’t know you were supposed to gap the coil after I took it off , so I put it all together to see if it ran right but It didn’t , I didn’t take the carb off only the gas tank And line, filter so that’s why I put it back together to see if it ran after taking of the coil and gapping it with a business card but no luck just starts and die , starts and dies , before that it ran fine so could it be that th carb go dirty or clogged up ? Idk but it runs just dies really quick
Some might not agree with me but I would take the top of the air filter off and spray a little starting fluid on the air filter. Try to start it again and see if it runs longer. If it does it probably a fuel issue not spark issue.

Some might not agree with me but I would take the top of the air filter off and spray a little starting fluid on the air filter. Try to start it again and see if it runs longer. If it does it probably a fuel issue not spark issue.
didn’t know you could just unplug the coil that connects to the kill switch , so I un bolted the coil to finally free the engine off the bike , that’s why I disconnected the coil , but after doing some research with the engine off of the mini bike frame ,I didn’t know your supposed to gap the coil when removing it where the bolts hold on to it . And I didn’t know that , now when I tried putting the engine back , gas tank , coil , and air filter and gapped it with a business card , it would just run for 2-4 sec and die over and over .

In the process of putting back the tank And line , I seen the fuel line had a hole leaking gas . But I cut the hole where it leaks and put it all together, now no leaks but still runs for 2-4 sec and dies

SAS289

You may want to get the coil gapped then just wait until your parts come. You said it comes with a new carb.

And if you are not used to working on these engines you need to research all you can prior to putting those 18 lb springs in.

You may want to get the coil gapped then just wait until your parts come. You said it comes with a new carb.

And if you are not used to working on these engines you need to research all you can prior to putting those 18 lb springs in.
Yeah it comes with a new carb you can tune with a jet installed already , after market filter , I already did research on those springs that’s why I got them , but I just don’t know why it isn’t starting could it be a fuel issue ? I wouldn’t see why it would be , if it was running fine before pulling the engine and coil off .

Attachments

Triley41395

Yeah it comes with a new carb you can tune with a jet installed already , after market filter , I already did research on those springs that’s why I got them , but I just don’t know why it isn’t starting could it be a fuel issue ? I wouldn’t see why it would be , if it was running fine before pulling the engine and coil off .
To check if it's a fuel issue try starting fluid. These are engines made cheaply in China. You might have bumped it wrong or it may not be the fuel at all. If you start eliminating different things, eventually you will find the problem.

To check if it's a fuel issue try starting fluid. These are engines made cheaply in China. You might have bumped it wrong or it may not be the fuel at all. If you start eliminating different things, eventually you will find the problem.
I’m just going to wait until the parts get here , I’m going to just add the new carburetor, add new gas , gap the coil change the spark plug cus it is a little black but still gets spark so , I know it’s not fuel issue because I removed the bottom bolt where the gas sits on the carb , and and had the gas turn on and fuel was coming from from the bottom of it . Or maybe I could be wrong

Wym bumped it a little like , dropped ? Or tipped over causing something to move inside ?

Your carburetor is part of the fuel system, just like your spark plug is part of the ignition system.
If you have fuel in your tank, and fuel in your carburetor bowl, but it won't run, then there is a problem inside the carburetor.
Probable causes are a stuck float and a clogged jet. A new carburetor should solve it. You should save the old carb so you can take it apart and see what is inside. Probably not a good idea to take it apart until you have another one so you can ride the bike.

Your carburetor is part of the fuel system, just like your spark plug is part of the ignition system.
If you have fuel in your tank, and fuel in your carburetor bowl, but it won't run, then there is a problem inside the carburetor.
Probable causes are a stuck float and a clogged jet. A new carburetor should solve it. You should save the old carb so you can take it apart and see what is inside. Probably not a good idea to take it apart until you have another one so you can ride the bike.
Well the chain broke so I couldn’t ride it either way that’s why I started taking it apart, but yes it prob is the needle itself that’s clogged up with junk

Check the main jet. It is up inside the hole in the middle of the float bowl. You can remove it with a flat screwdriver. They are pretty tight, but it will come out. I think it has something plugging the tiny hole in the center of it. Try poking it out with a pin or a tiny wire. There is another brass piece up inside the carburetor above the main jet. It is called the emulsion tube, and it will fall out with the jet. Look at it and be sure you do not put it back in upside-down. If that doesn't get you running, at least you will see the insides of a carburetor.

SAS289

I had a carb problem once while yard riding. Knew right away what it was based on the symptoms. It sputtered and shut off. I could start it and it would idle but as soon as I open the throttle it would run rough. Found a piece of plastic in the main jet. Had to be from the tank filter.

Was easy because the low speed circuit was working for idle but once the throttle was opened the main jet wasn't working. Dead giveaway for a clogged main.

Check the main jet. It is up inside the hole in the middle of the float bowl. You can remove it with a flat screwdriver. They are pretty tight, but it will come out. I think it has something plugging the tiny hole in the center of it. Try poking it out with a pin or a tiny wire. There is another brass piece up inside the carburetor above the main jet. It is called the emulsion tube, and it will fall out with the jet. Look at it and be sure you do not put it back in upside-down. If that doesn't get you running, at least you will see the insides of a carburetor.
Oh I will ! I haven’t had time due to work , but I will Friday ! Even if I look at the carb itself including the needle float and it doesn’t like dirty , that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s not right ?