Coleman CT200U Mini Bike Info.

Here is what I found out by researching the Coleman CT200U mini bikes that were sold by Cabela's and BJ'S.

The Coleman CT200U is built by Hisun Motor Corp USA meaning all final assembly of Hisun products are completed right here in Carrol Texas. USA. They are now selling the same Coleman CT200U mini bike under their own name "Hisun" and they look identical to the Coleman bike with the same heavy duty rack system. Hisun Motor Corp also sells UTV's and ATV's. The Coleman CT200U is a well built mini bike that has a larger frame and bigger wheels than the Doodle bugs and also come stock with a Hisun 196cc 6.5 HP engine that very closely resembles the HF Predator 212cc engines. It also has a factory Jack Shaft system on it which gives it a good final gear ratio right from the factory.I am just finishing up on my build and bought a do it yourself header kit from OldMiniBikes so that I could route the exhaust between the frame and rack upright. I also installed the same K&N style air intake and adapter as the Predator 212cc and it bolted up and fit right, I re jetted the carb with a #38 jet and the 140 emulsion tube set up for the predator 212cc and it worked out great. So far all the Predator 212cc performance parts fit on the Coleman/Hisun Mini Bike. The Coleman CT200U ran like crap with the stock parts but now with the OldMiniBikes Warehouse performance parts it is running like a little devil. My next upgrade is the Chinese TAV2 CVT clutch install which I will be installing today. My last bike (The Doodle Bug) was a rat rod build, this new Coleman build is a rescue scout bike. I'm having way to much fun!

My recommendations:

1. Install an exhaust header. ($19.99) Gotta have a welder though if you use a do it yourself kit!
2. Re jet to #38 jet and install the 140 emulsion tube. ($15.00)
3. Install the K&N style filter and the Carb Adapter. ($29.00)
4. Back out the Governor set screw for more throttle response (FREE)
5. Ride it like you stole it!...

Just these few easy upgrades will wake that stock box up and you will see and feel the difference! it sure put a smile on my face!

Hey Badlands, great review, appreciate it! I like that bike, size n tires, and the racks. Not that I'd use them but I like'em anyway. Sounds like you're having a blast with it.

The TAV 2 CVT Clutch set up for the Coleman Mini Bike is a NO GO for now! It turned into a big pain in the azz, After cutting down the new backing plate to fit I found the bearing support hit the old Jack Shaft mount, then found the rear CVT pulley hit the bottom frame tube, the motor would have to be raised up quite a bit for the pulley to clear the frame, this in turn would not let the custom exhaust I built work, I would also have to cut and re weld the cross over support tube that the chain guard is bolted to. I also didn't like how the rear bearing shaft on the new CVT backing plate has no support like the stock set up which seems much stronger. I decided for now that I would keep the stock jack shaft set up seeing that it has the better 420 chain on it. The CVT conversion was just getting to hokey for me. This is not a straight up bolt on conversion. It will take some thought and re engineering. Maybe I will address it after I finally ride it awhile.

I would have to:
1. Buy a $40 aluminum plate to raise the motor.
2. Build a new exhaust system.
3. Figure out a way to support the backing plates rear shaft bearing housing. (If you don't all the pressure is on the 4 mounting bolts in the block)
4. Cut the frame cross over support tube and re weld it in a different position.
5. Either bend over or cut off the old jack shaft support mount.
6. Grind the new welds smooth and paint the frame modifications. :doah:

There are many threads of discussion on this site about that very topic! TAVs n clones n minibikes don't necessarily converge harmonically without some hammerin:hammer:. More than I wanted to deal with. That's why I went with a PMR bolt on jackshaft setup on one of my minibikes. I really like it, it has a very interesting feel to it. I use a straight clutch n chain on my other bike and enjoy both rides immensely.:scooter:

Yeah I found that out the hard way... LOL... But! with all the other performance mods I did I can say I am way happier with the performance over the the stock engine. It gets up and scoots now. Me and the governor had issues so I had to remove it from the bike. I will install a billet fly wheel but am going to hold off on the billet rod for now, I'm not looking to make it a racer just looking for a few extra ponies when needed.

JBrocks... That's a nice lookin ride ya got there. Can tell you put some time and money into it. VERY nice ride my man! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Yeah I found that out the hard way... LOL... But! with all the other performance mods I did I can say I am way happier with the performance over the the stock engine. It gets up and scoots now. Me and the governor had issues so I had to remove it from the bike. I will install a billet fly wheel but am going to hold off on the billet rod for now, I'm not looking to make it a racer just looking for a few extra ponies when needed.

JBrocks... That's a nice lookin ride ya got there. Can tell you put some time and money into it. VERY nice ride my man! :thumbsup:
Thanks Badlands! But I didn't put a ton of $$ in them minibikes. Built'em from kits almost fourteen years ago, put 212s on them last year, plus light mods detailed here http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/p...s-classic-OldMiniBikes-predator-upgrades.html and that's basically it. Couple hundred bucks overall. To me every other form of rv (ATVs, dirt bikes, motorcycles, go karts) seem way more expensive and complicated, so minibikes are a great value, easy to store and maintain.

Wow Badlands, you did good with that Coleman! Looks like it means business. I like the tan color and the storage boxes on the racks. And the battle star on the motor.:thumbsup:

Here is what I found out by researching the Coleman CT200U mini bikes that were sold by Cabela's and BJ'S.

The Coleman CT200U is built by Hisun Motor Corp USA meaning all final assembly of Hisun products are completed right here in Carrol Texas. USA. They are now selling the same Coleman CT200U mini bike under their own name "Hisun" and they look identical to the Coleman bike with the same heavy duty rack system. Hisun Motor Corp also sells UTV's and ATV's. The Coleman CT200U is a well built mini bike that has a larger frame and bigger wheels than the Doodle bugs and also come stock with a Hisun 196cc 6.5 HP engine that very closely resembles the HF Predator 212cc engines. It also has a factory Jack Shaft system on it which gives it a good final gear ratio right from the factory.I am just finishing up on my build and bought a do it yourself header kit from OldMiniBikes so that I could route the exhaust between the frame and rack upright. I also installed the same K&N style air intake and adapter as the Predator 212cc and it bolted up and fit right, I re jetted the carb with a #38 jet and the 140 emulsion tube set up for the predator 212cc and it worked out great. So far all the Predator 212cc performance parts fit on the Coleman/Hisun Mini Bike. The Coleman CT200U ran like crap with the stock parts but now with the OldMiniBikes Warehouse performance parts it is running like a little devil. My next upgrade is the Chinese TAV2 CVT clutch install which I will be installing today. My last bike (The Doodle Bug) was a rat rod build, this new Coleman build is a rescue scout bike. I'm having way to much fun!

My recommendations:

1. Install an exhaust header. ($19.99) Gotta have a welder though if you use a do it yourself kit!
2. Re jet to #38 jet and install the 140 emulsion tube. ($15.00)
3. Install the K&N style filter and the Carb Adapter. ($29.00)
4. Back out the Governor set screw for more throttle response (FREE)
5. Ride it like you stole it!...

Just these few easy upgrades will wake that stock box up and you will see and feel the difference! it sure put a smile on my face!
I got one of these also.

Do you know what your top speed is before and after?

I got one of these also.

Do you know what your top speed is before and after?

I don't know what the before speed was but it is sure a lot faster now and quicker getting to top speed. I don't want to push it until I get the new billet ARC flywheel installed which I received yesterday, I will install it tomorrow then down load a GPS speedometer app to my phone so I can check total overall speed. I just bought a clamp on phone holder on ebay that will double as a holder for the solar panel that will keep the battery charged. I will say that just the exhaust, air filter and re jet of the carb will give you a very noticeable difference in speed and power!

Installed the new ARC Billet Flywheel today. It truly is a shame the doghouse covers it as it's so bright and polished. It hurts putting something so beautiful behind a piece of painted tin!

I also mounted two plastic ammo cans on the front rack. I decided against steel cans as they could really hurt in a crash. Used 3/4" EMT U shaped pipe wall straps on the bottom with bolts. Gives it a clean look.

Installed the new ARC Billet Flywheel today. It truly is a shame the doghouse covers it as it's so bright and polished. It hurts putting something so beautiful behind a piece of painted tin!
Notice two things here. #1.. I wrote the coil gap on the coil for future reference. #2... I put the clamp for the air filter behind the mount and screwed it down so the filter has no way of slipping off while off road.

Downloaded the Speedometer app to my phone and took the Coleman CT200U minibike for a ride, Top speed was 32mph, it liked a cruising around speed of 26mph, I was uncomfortable trying to push it past 32mph as it's a new engine and still needs a break in period. Now I want to see how it pulls some hills as that is what I am looking for. I will be riding in the mountains mostly.

I built this 66cc Motorized bike but it is not a hill climber at all! Looks cool though! and gets great gas mileage. What I like about it is that it is street legal as long as you tell the cop it's a 49cc motor. :wink:
I have it for sale on Ebay right now for $800 which is what I have into it. Hopefully it sells then I will build another Hotrod mini bike. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
just bought the coleman ct200u from walmart 196cc hisun engine.Is there a torque converter that can be installed without doing any modifications.

^Quote
"did the tav2 bolt up to the factory bolt pattern of did you have to mod it ?"

KACZ wrote:
Had to use a 1/2 inch plate to raise the engine and cut a small part of the bike's floor plate to fit the TAV plate (or I could have trimmed the TAV plate I suppose), knowing what I know now I might have been able to get a TAV drive and driven and plugged them in on the factory jack shaft. And yes mine was camo but I had it powdered Chevy Orange. Camo wasn't for me on this one.

Little bit of searching will get you most answers here.

^Quote
"did the tav2 bolt up to the factory bolt pattern of did you have to mod it ?"

KACZ wrote:
Had to use a 1/2 inch plate to raise the engine and cut a small part of the bike's floor plate to fit the TAV plate (or I could have trimmed the TAV plate I suppose), knowing what I know now I might have been able to get a TAV drive and driven and plugged them in on the factory jack shaft. And yes mine was camo but I had it powdered Chevy Orange. Camo wasn't for me on this one.

Little bit of searching will get you most answers here.

Thanks. Im just trying to find plug and play parts since I dont have the tools to do any custom fab work myself.